Winter can be a difficult season on your physical and emotional health. The days are shorter, it is cold in most parts of the country, and colds and the flu are more prevalent.
During any season there are a few basics that can help to maintain optimal physical and mental health, such as eating healthful foods, drinking lots of water, exercising regularly, and getting enough sleep. However, you may be doing everything “right” and still need a little extra support to get you through those short winter days and long winter nights. Whether diffusing, applying topically, or taking internally, Young Living essential oils can help you strengthen your physical wellness, improve your emotional balance, and fill your home with safe, purifying products.
Here are some ways you can incorporate Young Living essential oils and essential oil-infused products into your daily routine to support your health all winter long:
Utilize the Power of Thieves:
- To help control the spread of germs, wash your hands frequently and incorporate the health-supporting power of any of our Thieves® products.
- Diffuse Thieves essential oil blend day or night to help purify and humidify the air.
- Clean household surfaces with Thieves Wipes or Thieves Household Cleaner.
- If you’re on the go, help sanitize the air with a squirt or two of Thieves Spray.
- Keep Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier in your car, at your desk, and in your purse or bag for a quick and easy cleansing shot. I frequently use a napkin and a small drop to clean my desktop.
Support the Body’s Natural Defenses:
- Citrus oils such as Citrus Fresh™, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Orange, and Tangerine help support the body’s natural defenses. Plus, the fresh, vibrant citrus scents can also help boost your mood during short winter days.
- Mountain Savory™ revitalizes and stimulates the body and has strong purifying properties.
- Clove is an important ingredient in Thieves and helps support the body’s natural response to stress.
- Oregano is known as a purifying oil.
- Thyme was traditionally regarded for its cleansing properties.
- ImmuPower™ is great to diffuse or apply topically to the feet and hands.
- Purification® deodorizes and neutralizes the air.
Support Respiratory Health:
- R.C.™ has three varieties of Eucalyptus and is comforting when applied to the chest and throat.
- Thieves Lozenges deliver the cleansing power of Thieves for long-lasting relief.
- Breathe Again™ Roll-On creates a soothing aroma.
- Peppermint eases tension and, along with Myrtle and Pine, supports healthy respiratory function.
Get a Good Night’s Sleep:
- Take a soothing bath before bed with some Epsom salts and Peace & Calming® or Dream Catcher™ to promote relaxation.
- Put some water and RutaVaLa™ or Lavender in a spray bottle and spray it on your pillow.
- Diffuse Harmony™, Valor®, Gentle Baby™, Trauma Life™, Stress Away™, or Angelica to help bring a peaceful night’s slumber.
Please leave a comment below to share how you use essential oils to help maintain your health in the winter months.
—Heidi Jeanfreau, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager
Diffusing activates the powerful plant constituents found in Young Living essential oils. Whether in your family room, office, kitchen, or bedroom, diffusing essential oils can help eliminate odors and provide an uplifting mood in your home.
Creating Custom Blends
While a few of our most popular oil blends include Thieves®, Peace & Calming®, Valor®, Purification®, R.C™, and Joy™, you can also create many combinations by mixing single oils or adding singles to our oil blends. The possibilities are endless!
At our global headquarters, several Young Living employees have created their own custom diffusing blends. Here’s a favorite blend of McKenna H., who works in our Will Call:
- 7-10 drops Lime
- 6-8 drops Tangerine
- 2-3 drops Melaleuca Quinquenervia
- 1 drop Petitgrain
- 2 drops Frankincense
Other custom blends ideas from Young Living employees include:
- Eucalyptus Radiata and Grapefruit for a fresh, clean aroma
- Jasmine, Orange, and Tangerine to create a scent reminiscent of spring
- Sandalwood, Frankincense, and Hong Kuai to help promote deeper meditation
- Christmas Spirit™ and Pine or Juniper to create a cozy, winter aroma
Favorite Diffuser Blends from Young Living Facebook fans:
“I created a blend for my daughter’s fourth-grade class to clear the room and help with focus: Peppermint, Clove, Eucalyptus, and Lemongrass.” –Yvonne S., Member
“I like to diffuse Peppermint and Thieves. It makes for a very fresh-smelling home, while cleaning the air of impurities at the same time.” –Gail T., Silver
“For freshening air and getting rid of bugs, I use Purification, Peppermint, Valor, and Thieves.”
–Tiffany V., Senior Star
“Peace & Calming with some Christmas Spirit at night makes me sleep like a baby, and I wake up happy in the morning!” –Shelly M., Star
“My favorite: 2 drops Joy, 2 drops Abundance ™, 5 drops Citrus Fresh, and 3 drops Peppermint.” –Renee D., Star
“Lavender and Orange is a great mix for relaxation and creates a wonderful fragrance.” –Glenda M., Member
“Lavender and Peace & Calming at bedtime creates restful nights for the whole family.” –Darcy D., Star
What are some of your favorite diffuser blends, and what do you use them for? Leave a comment and let us know. We always love to hear from you!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager
Depending on where you live, the seasons might be shifting to cooler autumn breezes or returning from winter to warmer spring air. No matter where you are, now is an important time to protect yourself and your family from germs and shift your focus onto immune support the Young Living way.
Our new Seasonal Wellness Mini Oils Collection can help and is available for purchase in our holiday catalog. This kit includes 5-ml bottles of Thieves®, Purification®, and R.C.™ essential oil blends in one useful collection that can help keep you and your family protected.
With these three essential oil blends, not only will you receive added immune support from Thieves®, but you can also promote cleanliness in your home—an important key in getting you through the cold and flu season—using Purification® and R.C.™ With the Seasonal Wellness Mini Oils Collection, you can enjoy the holiday season with better health and vitality.
As always, we would love to hear from you! Leave a comment telling us how you use the essential oils in the Seasonal Wellness Mini Oils Collection.