Bring the taste of Italy to your dining table with this easy-to-prepare dipping oil recipe! Serve as an appetizer, as a side at dinner, or anytime as a tasty snack.
In this recipe we’ve included the bold flavors of Oregano, Basil, Thyme, and Rosemary essential oils. Just one drop packs a full-bodied flavor since these essential oils are several times more concentrated than the original herb.
Have some fun with flavor and experiment with these other essential oil ideas!
Do you have any other great dipping oil combinations? Share your culinary skills in the comments!
Eating better is one of the simplest and most fruitful ways to improve your overall health and well-being. If we are what we eat, then adding the potent and healthful constituents found in Young Living essential oils to your daily diet can be an easy and delicious way to improve your health and energy.
March is the American Dietetic Association’s National Nutrition Month, and what better way to incorporate their theme to enjoy the taste of eating right into your life than to enhance the flavors of your dishes with Young Living essential oils?
Here are just a few examples of how you can add richness and flavor to your cooking and food preparation by including Young Living essential oils:
For a delicious way to load your body with nutrients, add the following superfoods, fresh fruits and vegetables, and Young Living essential oils to your next smoothie:
- Fruit: bananas, blueberries, apples, oranges, grapes, strawberries, etc.
- Leafy greens: spinach, kale, Swiss chard, or even broccoli
- Almond milk or ice
- Flax or chia seeds
- Spirulina: a great source of protein
- Coconut: fresh coconut flesh or coconut milk
- Bee pollen: one of the most complete foods found in nature
- Young Living’s Pure Protein Complete: 2 scoops (8 oz.)
- 1–2 drops of Young Living’s Lemon, Frankincense, and Ocotea essential oils
- To sweeten it up a bit, you can also add Young Living’s Blue Agave or Stevia Extract
Essential Oil-Infused Olive Oil
- Infuse a bottle of extra virgin olive oil with herbs and a few drops of Young Living’s Basil, Black Pepper, Dill, Lemon, Fennel, Clove, Lemongrass, Marjoram, Rosemary, Oregano, Tarragon, or Thyme essential oils to make fantastic salad dressings, a drizzle over pasta dishes, a dip for artisan bread, or a marinade for your favorite meats and vegetables. Essential oil-infused olive oil also makes a great gift or party favor.
- Add some fresh, diced mint or carrots along with a few drops of Young Living’s Lemon or Basil essential oil to your rice, bulgur, quinoa, or couscous side dish for enhanced flavor.
Leave a comment below to share ways that you use Young Living essential oils in your food preparation or cooking!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, International and Portfolio Brand Manager
Winter can be a difficult season on your physical and emotional health. The days are shorter, it is cold in most parts of the country, and colds and the flu are more prevalent.
During any season there are a few basics that can help to maintain optimal physical and mental health, such as eating healthful foods, drinking lots of water, exercising regularly, and getting enough sleep. However, you may be doing everything “right” and still need a little extra support to get you through those short winter days and long winter nights. Whether diffusing, applying topically, or taking internally, Young Living essential oils can help you strengthen your physical wellness, improve your emotional balance, and fill your home with safe, purifying products.
Here are some ways you can incorporate Young Living essential oils and essential oil-infused products into your daily routine to support your health all winter long:
Utilize the Power of Thieves:
- To help control the spread of germs, wash your hands frequently and incorporate the health-supporting power of any of our Thieves® products.
- Diffuse Thieves essential oil blend day or night to help purify and humidify the air.
- Clean household surfaces with Thieves Wipes or Thieves Household Cleaner.
- If you’re on the go, help sanitize the air with a squirt or two of Thieves Spray.
- Keep Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier in your car, at your desk, and in your purse or bag for a quick and easy cleansing shot. I frequently use a napkin and a small drop to clean my desktop.
Support the Body’s Natural Defenses:
- Citrus oils such as Citrus Fresh™, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Orange, and Tangerine help support the body’s natural defenses. Plus, the fresh, vibrant citrus scents can also help boost your mood during short winter days.
- Mountain Savory™ revitalizes and stimulates the body and has strong purifying properties.
- Clove is an important ingredient in Thieves and helps support the body’s natural response to stress.
- Oregano is known as a purifying oil.
- Thyme was traditionally regarded for its cleansing properties.
- ImmuPower™ is great to diffuse or apply topically to the feet and hands.
- Purification® deodorizes and neutralizes the air.
Support Respiratory Health:
- R.C.™ has three varieties of Eucalyptus and is comforting when applied to the chest and throat.
- Thieves Lozenges deliver the cleansing power of Thieves for long-lasting relief.
- Breathe Again™ Roll-On creates a soothing aroma.
- Peppermint eases tension and, along with Myrtle and Pine, supports healthy respiratory function.
Get a Good Night’s Sleep:
- Take a soothing bath before bed with some Epsom salts and Peace & Calming® or Dream Catcher™ to promote relaxation.
- Put some water and RutaVaLa™ or Lavender in a spray bottle and spray it on your pillow.
- Diffuse Harmony™, Valor®, Gentle Baby™, Trauma Life™, Stress Away™, or Angelica to help bring a peaceful night’s slumber.
Please leave a comment below to share how you use essential oils to help maintain your health in the winter months.
—Heidi Jeanfreau, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager