Bring the taste of Italy to your dining table with this easy-to-prepare dipping oil recipe! Serve as an appetizer, as a side at dinner, or anytime as a tasty snack.
In this recipe we’ve included the bold flavors of Oregano, Basil, Thyme, and Rosemary essential oils. Just one drop packs a full-bodied flavor since these essential oils are several times more concentrated than the original herb.
Have some fun with flavor and experiment with these other essential oil ideas!
Do you have any other great dipping oil combinations? Share your culinary skills in the comments!
As the newest addition to the Everyday Oils™ essential oil collection, expectations are high for Melaleuca Alternifolia. Because only the most useful and popular products make their way into Everyday Oils, we know that our members are going to love the way this oil fits in with classics like Lavender, Lemon, Thieves®, and PanAway®!
Commonly known as tea tree oil, Melaleuca has long been valued for its cosmetic benefits, especially for its natural skin-cleansing benefits. Melaleuca’s intrinsic properties cleanse away dirt, toxins, and dead skin, giving you healthy-looking and feeling skin.
Qualities like these have led Young Living to include Melaleuca Alternifolia essential oil in formulations such as Purification® blend, our Animal Scents™ products, and in Melaleuca-Geranium Moisturizing Soap.
Looking for ways to use Melaleuca Alternifolia? Here are some suggestions:
- Use a cotton swab to apply Melaleuca Alternifolia directly to the face.
- Add a drop to your shampoo to support a healthy-feeling scalp.
- If you forget to transfer your laundry to the dryer in a timely manner, run another washing cycle with a few drops of Melaleuca Alternifolia added to the water.
- Add a drop of Melaleuca Alternifolia to soften the skin around a splinter before removing it.
- Freshen and deodorize your rugs. Combine a few drops each of Melaleuca Alternifolia and Lavender with ¼ cup baking soda. Leave mixture overnight to let the oils absorb into the baking soda, and then sprinkle over rug and vacuum immediately. (As a bonus, your vacuum will smell fresher, too!)
- Diffuse Melaleuca Alternifolia to purify the air in your home or workspace.
Are you discovering Melaleuca Alternafolia for the first time? Are you a long-time fan? Let us know why you’re looking forward to getting Melaleuca Alternifolia essential oil in your Everyday Oils collection in the comments!
Chaotic mornings often lead us to either wolf down an unhealthy breakfast or skip the meal altogether, but neither will give your body the pep you need to make it through your day! In my last post, I shared a few tips to support energy and mental focus throughout the day, and today I offer my final suggestion—a delicious and fortifying morning meal, so you can start off on the right foot.
To create a recipe that is low in gluten and provides both fiber and protein, I have integrated Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Spaghetti into a savory breakfast. You can cook fresh spaghetti or use leftover spaghetti from a previous meal.
½ box of Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Spaghetti, precooked
2 handfuls of organic baby spinach
5 cloves roasted garlic, chopped
¾ cup chicken stock
3–4 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon ground flax
4 drops Basil Essential Oil
3 drops Lemon Essential Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine garlic, flaxseed, olive oil, and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Add spinach and tomatoes to saucepan and cook until tomatoes become tender.
- Drop Basil and Lemon essential oils into the pan and mix thoroughly.*
- Place the cooked spaghetti directly into the pan and stir until all the pasta has been integrated into the sauce. Once pasta becomes warm, remove from heat.
- In a separate pan, cook eggs as desired (over easy or poached is recommended). Divide pasta onto two plates and place the eggs on top of each serving.
We would love to hear how you have incorporated the new Einkorn products into your favorite recipes. Leave us a comment and share your newest meal idea with us!
In our last blog post, we challenged members to share their tips for staying sharp during the back-to-school season. Our randomly selected winners are: CassieK, Distributor; Sammye L., Senior Star; and Linda D., Distributor. Congratulations and thanks to everyone who participated!
—Blair Lloyd, Young Living International and Portfolio Brand Associate
* Although heating essential oils may diminish their beneficial properties, the oils used in this recipe are for flavor only. If desired, you may add the essential oils after the spaghetti is already warmed.
In today’s fast-paced world, everyone is looking for ways to gain an edge in their productivity and overall energy levels. This desire has contributed to an explosion in the energy drink market—a market that has become a $27 billion-per-year industry. With so much money on the line, many companies take the quick and easy route by slapping energy drink labels on simple combinations that contain copious amounts of caffeine, sugar, and other dangerous ingredients. These companies ignore the major underlying factors in low energy and proper nutrition!
This approach has garnered a rise in regulatory scrutiny, an increase in research, and the uncovering of energy drink-related health risks. Research on the ill effects of many of these energy drinks is published almost monthly; however, it appears to have little effect on the public. Sales continue to soar, while ER visits drastically increase.
So what can we do? Let’s look at a couple of natural solutions to the energy dilemma:
NingXia Red® combines the extraordinary wolfberry superfruit with pure essential oils (Orange, Yuzu, Lemon, and Tangerine) in a powerful whole-body nutrient infusion. When taken daily NingXia Red replenishes energy levels and supports overall nutrition.
NingXia Nitro™ blends pure essential oils (Peppermint, Spearmint, Black Pepper, and Nutmeg) with naturally powerful ingredients such as d-ribose, green tea extract, and B vitamins. These ingredients, in addition to a Nitro blend of vanilla, chocolate, wolfberry seed, and yerba mate, provide a lift to one’s mental clarity and focus, while also providing a surge of energy. Designed to be taken when a boost is needed and with less caffeine than a cup of coffee, Nitro is a perfect option for on-the-go use.
These synergistic products are designed to be the healthy answer to the energy question. To help you get started on your journey to improved energy, we are going to give away two NingXia Red/Nitro product packs (over $100 value) to two random individuals who leave a comment on this blog post.
— Ryan Seely, Associate Product Marketing Manager
With spring just around the corner, we sometimes experience both the “lion” and “lamb” weather that is typically associated with March. In some parts of the United States, this phenomenon can happen in a matter of days. These extreme weather conditions can sometimes cause a variety of skin problems, requiring extra care. That is why I have chosen Young Living’s Orange Blossom Facial Wash™ as the focus of this blog post. It is the perfect way to start and end your day (especially during this crazy time of year).
With an abundance of phytonutrients, Orange Blossom Facial Wash gently removes the impurities of daily living and any remaining makeup. The following list includes a few active ingredients and their benefits:
- Soothes and softens skin
- Supports a younger-looking you
- Brightens dull skin
- Promotes toned and firm skin[i]
Orange Blossom Extract
- Optimal skin emollient
- Helps maintain moisture
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM): Inert compound that naturally occurs in a variety of fruits, vegetables, and grains
- Supports normal skin functions
- Promotes a decrease of oxidative stress
- Excellent skin conditioner
- Contains high amounts of carotenoids
- Promotes hydration
- Helps even out skin tone
The special blend of essential oils and natural ingredients in Orange Blossom Facial Wash support the structural integrity of your skin, leaving your just-washed face clean and healthy. Other benefits include:
- A soap-free, mild formula that is suitable for all skin types
- Powerful antioxidants that promote a younger-looking appearance
- Nourishing botanicals that gently support the skin’s natural protective barrier
I have loved hearing from you, and to motivate you to share your experience, I will be giving away ten bottles of Orange Blossom Facial Wash to randomly chosen commenters, as well as posting your testimonials. Leave your comment on this blog or send it directly to me at email@example.com. I will happily respond and send ten lucky people an Orange Blossom Facial Wash.
—Gloria Russo, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager
Eating better is one of the simplest and most fruitful ways to improve your overall health and well-being. If we are what we eat, then adding the potent and healthful constituents found in Young Living essential oils to your daily diet can be an easy and delicious way to improve your health and energy.
March is the American Dietetic Association’s National Nutrition Month, and what better way to incorporate their theme to enjoy the taste of eating right into your life than to enhance the flavors of your dishes with Young Living essential oils?
Here are just a few examples of how you can add richness and flavor to your cooking and food preparation by including Young Living essential oils:
For a delicious way to load your body with nutrients, add the following superfoods, fresh fruits and vegetables, and Young Living essential oils to your next smoothie:
- Fruit: bananas, blueberries, apples, oranges, grapes, strawberries, etc.
- Leafy greens: spinach, kale, Swiss chard, or even broccoli
- Almond milk or ice
- Flax or chia seeds
- Spirulina: a great source of protein
- Coconut: fresh coconut flesh or coconut milk
- Bee pollen: one of the most complete foods found in nature
- Young Living’s Pure Protein Complete: 2 scoops (8 oz.)
- 1–2 drops of Young Living’s Lemon, Frankincense, and Ocotea essential oils
- To sweeten it up a bit, you can also add Young Living’s Blue Agave or Stevia Extract
Essential Oil-Infused Olive Oil
- Infuse a bottle of extra virgin olive oil with herbs and a few drops of Young Living’s Basil, Black Pepper, Dill, Lemon, Fennel, Clove, Lemongrass, Marjoram, Rosemary, Oregano, Tarragon, or Thyme essential oils to make fantastic salad dressings, a drizzle over pasta dishes, a dip for artisan bread, or a marinade for your favorite meats and vegetables. Essential oil-infused olive oil also makes a great gift or party favor.
- Add some fresh, diced mint or carrots along with a few drops of Young Living’s Lemon or Basil essential oil to your rice, bulgur, quinoa, or couscous side dish for enhanced flavor.
Leave a comment below to share ways that you use Young Living essential oils in your food preparation or cooking!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, International and Portfolio Brand Manager
Winter can be a difficult season on your physical and emotional health. The days are shorter, it is cold in most parts of the country, and colds and the flu are more prevalent.
During any season there are a few basics that can help to maintain optimal physical and mental health, such as eating healthful foods, drinking lots of water, exercising regularly, and getting enough sleep. However, you may be doing everything “right” and still need a little extra support to get you through those short winter days and long winter nights. Whether diffusing, applying topically, or taking internally, Young Living essential oils can help you strengthen your physical wellness, improve your emotional balance, and fill your home with safe, purifying products.
Here are some ways you can incorporate Young Living essential oils and essential oil-infused products into your daily routine to support your health all winter long:
Utilize the Power of Thieves:
- To help control the spread of germs, wash your hands frequently and incorporate the health-supporting power of any of our Thieves® products.
- Diffuse Thieves essential oil blend day or night to help purify and humidify the air.
- Clean household surfaces with Thieves Wipes or Thieves Household Cleaner.
- If you’re on the go, help sanitize the air with a squirt or two of Thieves Spray.
- Keep Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier in your car, at your desk, and in your purse or bag for a quick and easy cleansing shot. I frequently use a napkin and a small drop to clean my desktop.
Support the Body’s Natural Defenses:
- Citrus oils such as Citrus Fresh™, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Orange, and Tangerine help support the body’s natural defenses. Plus, the fresh, vibrant citrus scents can also help boost your mood during short winter days.
- Mountain Savory™ revitalizes and stimulates the body and has strong purifying properties.
- Clove is an important ingredient in Thieves and helps support the body’s natural response to stress.
- Oregano is known as a purifying oil.
- Thyme was traditionally regarded for its cleansing properties.
- ImmuPower™ is great to diffuse or apply topically to the feet and hands.
- Purification® deodorizes and neutralizes the air.
Support Respiratory Health:
- R.C.™ has three varieties of Eucalyptus and is comforting when applied to the chest and throat.
- Thieves Lozenges deliver the cleansing power of Thieves for long-lasting relief.
- Breathe Again™ Roll-On creates a soothing aroma.
- Peppermint eases tension and, along with Myrtle and Pine, supports healthy respiratory function.
Get a Good Night’s Sleep:
- Take a soothing bath before bed with some Epsom salts and Peace & Calming® or Dream Catcher™ to promote relaxation.
- Put some water and RutaVaLa™ or Lavender in a spray bottle and spray it on your pillow.
- Diffuse Harmony™, Valor®, Gentle Baby™, Trauma Life™, Stress Away™, or Angelica to help bring a peaceful night’s slumber.
Please leave a comment below to share how you use essential oils to help maintain your health in the winter months.
—Heidi Jeanfreau, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager
This is a special guest blog post by Young Living brand ambassador Stevie Baggs.
My name is Stevie Baggs, Jr., and I’m a Young Living member. I want to tell you how a recent event changed the way I look at building my business. Before I begin though, I want you to get to know me a little.
I was raised in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, and currently live in Atlanta, Georgia. Although I am a Young Living member, actor, and philanthropist, I am most well known as a football player. I played football in high school, college, and professionally in both the NFL and the CFL.
Over the years I’ve turned more and more to natural products because I want to reach the optimal level of well-being without all the artificial ingredients. A few years ago, a friend talked to me about a company that would help me reach that level. That was the first time I’d heard about Young Living, and it wasn’t long before I became a member.
Now I have the opportunity to be a brand ambassador for Young Living, giving me the opportunity to represent this company and its natural, healthful products. As an ambassador, I was honored to be a keynote speaker at a Young Living Introductory Meeting Featuring NingXia Nitro™ in Birmingham, Alabama. It was an exciting event that focused on NingXia Nitro, one of Young Living’s most popular new products and my personal favorite!
At the event I saw big, athletic guys like me talking to stay-at-home moms about how much they love Thieves®. I saw businessmen and teachers talking about the best uses for Lavender. I saw a diverse set of people, all interested in achieving wellness through the use of essential oils.
That’s when I realized something that changed the way I think about building my business: If we have such a diverse group of Young Living essential oil users, that means we have many opportunities to share our message with others! We need to see a potential Young Living member in every person we meet!
Turning that potential into a sharing opportunity isn’t as hard as you think. For example, I use NingXia Nitro every day. When I use it at the gym, one of my workout buddies might ask what I’m taking. I also like to add a few drops of Lemon or Thieves oil to my water when I eat at restaurants, and that always sparks questions from the others at my table. It’s easy then to explain the value of Young Living and describe the benefits of whatever product I’m using. Once they see the value, I have the opportunity to invite them to learn more by trying products, visiting the web page, or attending live events.
I’m convinced that more people than we realize are ready to listen. Take a look around as you go through your normal daily routine and you’ll see people everywhere who can benefit from our message of wellness, purpose, and abundance. Share with everyone and you’ll see your business grow like you’ve never imagined!
—Stevie Baggs, YL Brand Ambassador, Actor, Former CFL and NFL player
Watch the Stevie Baggs video below, which was introduced at our special Young Living Introduction Meeting featuring NingXia Nitro in Birmingham, Alabama, on February 1. Find out more about this event by clicking here.
The thought of having bedbugs strikes fear into most of us. Although their bites are usually nothing more than itchy irritations, they have proven to be a real cause for alarm. Once bedbugs take up residency, getting rid of them can be very difficult.
It is no surprise that most of the ingredients found in our Thieves essential oil blend—Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Lemon, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary—are often used for natural pest control. Obviously, this blend makes an ideal foundation for any bedbug recipe. The other oils that I have added to the recipes below will enhance both the result and aroma.
Thieves Bug Spray #1
- Thieves® Spray
- 5 drops Clove essential oil
- 5 drops of a citrus essential oil such as Lemon, Lime, Orange, or Citrus Fresh
Drop the Clove essential oil and the citrus essential oil of your choice directly into the Thieves Spray bottle. Shake well.
Thieves Bug Spray #2
- 10 drops Thieves essential oil blend
- 5 drops of a citrus oil such as Lemon, Lime, Orange, or Citrus Fresh
- 2 drops Clove essential oil
Put the essential oils into a spray bottle. Add 2 ounces of distilled water. Shake vigorously before using.
- Spray in the cracks and crevices of the bedframe, mattress, and flooring.
- Spray bed linens.
Hint: This is imperative when traveling. To avoid bringing home any bedbugs, make a sachet by spraying on either a cotton ball, round, or washcloth. Place inside your suitcase.
Make sure to read my next blog later this month when the focus will be on getting rid of bedbugs for good with Thieves.
I would love to include some of your ideas, so either comment on this blog or send them directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
—Gloria Russo, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager