As a licensed massage therapist, it was inspiring to witness the Vitassage™ story—beginning with its ideation and culminating with its convention launch. Many people and countless hours of sweat and tears were involved in diligently making sure that the Vitassage was worthy of the Young Living name. Although many of you attended the convention and experienced the Vitassage excitement, I would love to give a brief overview of this one-of-a-kind device.
When designing the Vitassage, Gary Young wanted to offer the benefits of Young Living essential oils and massage to both professional and casual users. To accomplish this we utilized three stainless-steel roller balls to simultaneously disperse up to three different oils onto the skin, while powerful vibrations assist the oil in penetrating deep into stressed tissue. Its versatility, one of my favorite benefits, allows for personal customization of the massage experience through the swapping out, and combining of, essential oils based on current needs. The Vitassage includes the massager device, six 2-ml oil bottles, and oil transferring pipettes.
Some of my personal favorite essential oil combinations include:
- Cypress, grapefruit, and hyssop—to improve mood
- Aroma Life™, helichrysum, and peppermint—to stimulate the senses
- Marjoram, wintergreen, and PanAway®—to soothe muscles following a long run or heavy workout
Whether your focus is to support emotional balance and clarity, rejuvenate and revitalize, or relax and calm, the Vitassage will help you meet your goal. As always, we remind you to follow each oil’s safety usage recommendations and to use the provided pipettes to transfer oil into the 2-ml bottles.
The Vitassage is another example of how Young Living continues to be the innovative leader in essential oils and oil application. It is perfect for all ages, massage and physical therapists, and chiropractors to use in conjunction with their practice. Its convenience and practical use in the office or home makes it fabulous for beginners, exercise enthusiasts, and athletes of all levels to bring instant support to the body. The Vitassage can also be used to enhance the Raindrop Technique®.
Have fun customizing your Vitassage, and please share your favorite oil combinations with us!
—Alyssa Baily, YL Associate Product Manager
We all know that children love to play and have fun. They are also good at exchanging germs. With summer coming to a close and school just around the corner, there will be greater opportunity for them to pick up germs. They get them on the playground, in the classroom, and from other children. So what can parents and grandparents do to strengthen their children? I suggest giving them the wonderful benefits of Young Living’s Raindrop Technique® kit to support their immune system as they start school.
If you have any concerns about using essential oils on children, try the oils on their feet first. Be sure to follow individual label instructions and dilute oils with V‑6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex when using topically. Follow-up the initial application to the feet with a light application to the back as indicated below. Keep an eye out for reddening of the skin and let the child know to tell you if he or she feels any burning or discomfort. If this happens, you can easily add V‑6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex to cool down the skin.
To perform the Raindrop, have the child lay quietly on a bed or massage table on his or her back.
1. Start with Valor®. Put a drop in each hand. Cross your arms and apply Valor to the child’s feet. Hold the feet and wait for an energy change in the body.
2. Have the child roll on to his or her tummy to put the oils on the back. Rub your finger over the bottle to get a small amount of oil on your finger, then rub the oil up the back starting at the lower back. Watch for any redness or discomfort.
3. One at a time apply oregano, thyme, basil, cypress, wintergreen, marjoram, and peppermint to the back. Children can be more sensitive to the oils, so be sure to check after each oil to make sure there is no redness or discomfort and apply V‑6 oil if necessary.
The Raindrop Technique is a great way to prepare kids for school and winter. It’s also a great way to get them used to using Young Living’s essential oils at an early age.
Peace be with you,
Kaye Lynne Murphy, LMT
Kaye Lynne Murphy, LMT, is a licensed massage therapist specializing in Raindrop Therapy and emotional release on people of all ages. She is the author of “The 15‑minute Feelings Release” CD, a self‑help emotional release program following Young Living’s Feelings Kit, and a 30‑min. Raindrop Therapy DVD. Her practice includes helping adults and children better themselves by using Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ essential oils. She uses only Young Living products in her practice. You can register for her free e‑NewsLetter at www.kayelynne.com
Many who have dealt with sexual abuse have difficulties working through lasting emotional distress. People have basic defenses when managing negative emotions due to sexual abuse. They are often angry or want to be left alone. Some live silently and may lack trust in others. When a person fails to effectively deal with these negative emotions, they distance themselves, which may lead to deeper emotional pain.
Here are a few easy steps on how to use Young Living’s Twelve Oils of Ancient Scripture to naturally overcome emotional effects of sexual abuse. While applying the oils, give yourself permission to release fears of the unknown. Take your emotional power back by letting yourself forgive. See a new purpose, a new you. Step forward and claim your true self. Believe that you are becoming a new person that is no longer chained down from unwanted emotions. Claim your emotional freedom!
Apply sandalwood to the forehead to help through periods of emotional pain. This oil calms and balances emotions.
Apply cassia to the bottom of the feet to help feel empowered and help let go of the unpleasant memories that are held deep in the unconscious.
Place cedarwood on the top of the head to encourage forgiveness and to bring yourself to a higher spiritual level.
Try putting frankincense on the heart to help remove unwanted emotions.
Use galbanum over the liver to release anger.
Apply hyssop to the shoulders to help release emotional burdens that may carry from the abuse.
Place myrrh on the area of concern to let go of emotional wounds and to forgive and move forward.
Rub onycha over the stomach and abdomen to release blocked emotions of sadness and pain.
Rose of Sharon
Place drops of rose of Sharon along the spine to give the body strength to overcome obstacles.
Take spikenard internally to calm nerves and help take back power and control.*
Put a few drops of myrtle in honey to help the liver (where anger is stored) better process emotions.*
Massage cypress on the abdomen to release stagnant energy and unblock emotions stored in the stomach.
Peace be with you,
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
Massage therapists, have you tried doing the Raindrop Technique on the elderly? Young Living’s Raindrop Technique is a safe, non-invasive, and easy tool that can help the aged feel better. With a few simple oils– Valor®, oregano, thyme, basil, cypress, wintergreen, marjoram, Aroma Siez™, peppermint, Ortho Ease™ and V-6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex– the Raindrop Technique can help bring the body, mind, and spirit into balance.
Here are some specific uses of the oils in the Raindrop Technique that can benefit the elderly:
· Valor helps to balance the energy in the body.
· Oregano works to strengthen the immune system.
· Thyme helps overcome physical weakness and strengthen the immune system.
· Basil is relaxing to the muscles.
· Wintergreen can ease body aches and support the body’s natural defense mechanisms.
· Marjoram relieves minor discomforts.
· Aroma Siez helps to soothe the nerves and muscles.
· Peppermint feels really good and helps the other oils be more effective.
· Ortho Ease helps relax all the muscles on the back and reduces stress.
I’ve personally seen the Raindrop Technique help the elderly with posture, give an increase in energy, and help with their immune systems. Many of the results have been astounding! I’ve seen older adults walk better and have less discomfort getting up and down. At bare minimum, they will feel an increase in energy. They will be so thankful for the Raindrop Technique when you get through!
As you work on older individuals, be sensitive to their thinning skin and how they respond to the oils. Some of the essential oils in the Raindrop Technique can be quite hot. Have V-6 available to quickly dilute oils if needed. Also, be aware of the pressure you put on their bodies. What your younger clients can bear is usually heavier than the elderly.
Peace be with you,
Children exchange germs with each other every day. They pick them up on the playground, in the classroom, or wherever they are near other children. So what can we do as parents and grandparents to protect our families from winter bugs? Give your kids the incredible benefits of Young Living’s Raindrop Technique® to keep their immune systems healthy.
If you have any concerns about using essential oils on children, try the oils on their feet first. If they handle the oils well, try them sparingly on the back as indicated below. Keep an eye out for reddening of the skin and let children know to tell you if they feel any burning. If this happens, you can easily add V-6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex immediately to cool down the skin.
To perform the Raindrop Technique, have the child lay quietly on a bed or a massage table:
1. Start with Valor® essential oil blend. Put a drop of Valor in each hand. Cross your arms and apply Valor to the child’s feet. Hold the feet and wait for an energy change in the body.
2. One at a time, apply oregano, thyme, basil, cypress, wintergreen, marjoram, and peppermint essential oils (in this order) up the spine of the foot. Use the Vita Flex Technique for this. Remember: Children can be more sensitive to the oils; only use one drop of each oil on the feet.
3. Have the child roll onto his or her tummy to put the oils on the back. Rub your finger over the essential oil bottle to get a little bit of oil on your finger, then rub the oil up the spine starting from the lower back up. A full drop of oil may be too much if the child is fair skinned. Lightly feather stroke each oil up the spine. Start with oregano and continue with thyme the same way. Watch for any redness or discomfort and apply V-6 if necessary.
4. Rub your finger over the bottle of basil essential oil. Rub basil up both sides of the spine, then feather stroke it in. Now do the spinal pull three times up the spine.
5. Rub your finger over the bottle of wintergreen essential oil. Rub it up both sides of the spine, then feather stroke it in. Now do the thumb roll, called Vita Flex Technique, three times up the spine.
6. Next, rub your finger over the bottle of marjoram essential oil. Rub it up both sides of the spine, then feather stroke it in. Now, with big circles, massage up the side of the back on both sides three times.
7. Apply a very small amount of Aroma Siez™ essential oil blend to the areas of the back and feather stroke it in. Then do the glide stoke, going back and forth across the back working up the back three times. You can do a light massage to release any tension or tightness in the back.
8. Now rub your finger over the bottle of peppermint essential oil. Rub it up both sides of the spine, then feather stroke it in up the sides of the spine. Watch for any burning or hot areas and add V-6 massage oil if necessary.
The Raindrop Technique is a great way to prepare kids for the winter and help them fight off germs. It also gets them even more used to using Young Living’s essential oils at an early age.
Peace be with you,