It’s no secret that hydration is key in the summer, not only for your body, but also for your hair! While warmer temperatures bring fun in the sun, time spent at the beach, park, or just outdoors also brings more of the drying damage that can stress your tresses. Moisture is the key—and healthy moisture will do wonders for your locks and your well-being. So if you haven’t tried Young Living’s new Copaiba Vanilla Shampoo and Conditioner, now is the time!
No matter what type of hair you have, these new Young Living products will provide you with extra moisture over the summer months. The copaiba and vanilla essential oils will promote healthy strands and scalp, as well as provide the therapeutic benefit to mind and body of using pure essential oils for your personal care.
Other tips to help take care of you and your hair this summer:
- Avoid taking hot showers or washing your hair in hot water. Use warm or cool water instead. Too much heat can dry out or damage your hair and skin.
- Chlorine causes severe dryness to your hair. Before you go swimming, dampen your hair to reduce the absorption of chlorine. Shampoo as soon as possible after swimming to get the residue and chlorine out of your hair. Lavender Mint Cleansing Shampoo is a great, invigorating shampoo to choose to get rid of the residue and refresh your senses.
- Keep a straw hat, cap, or scarf on hand as a fashionable skin and hair saver. Just like your skin, your hair and scalp feel the sun’s damaging rays.
- Try shampooing your hair less often. Skipping a shampoo day in the summer is great for your hair IF you aren’t swimming or doing activities that are taxing your tresses. Young Living’s LavaDerm™ Cooling Mist is a great refresher for your hair and your skin on days when your hair may not need the full shampoo treatment.
- Avoid using additional heat on your hair when possible. If you can’t avoid your dryer or your flat iron, just make sure to condition your hair before using.
The more you do to keep your hair strong through the summer months, the less time you’ll spend in the fall repairing the damage. Keep in mind that the new Lavender Mint and Copaiba Vanilla shampoos and conditioners are not only natural and effective, but are also 100-percent biodegradable. These new products are great to take with you to the beach, to the campsite, or anywhere your travels take you. You can keep your hair healthy and treat the environment well, too!
I’d love to hear how you’ve used our new hair-care products and any additional tips or tricks you have for keeping your hair healthy through the summer!
—Rebecca Jarvis, Essential Living Product Manager
If you were at last year’s International Grand Convention in Salt Lake City you probably got a sneak peek at the new Young Living Signature Hair Care line. Many attendees sampled the new Lavender Mint Daily Shampoo and Conditioner and couldn’t wait for these products to arrive. Today I’m happy to announce that the wait is over, and the latest in essential oil-infused hair care is finally here!
Young Living Signature Hair Care takes therapeutic grade essential oils and blends them with natural base formulations to pamper your hair and treat your senses. Two new solutions—Lavender Mint and Copaiba Vanilla—are available starting March 8 and are not only 100 percent natural, but also amazingly effective.
Lavender Mint Daily Shampoo and Conditioner
Suitable for all hair types, the new Lavender Mint Daily Shampoo and Conditioner combines botanical extracts, vitamins, and silk proteins with the therapeutic benefits of lavender and mint essential oils to soothe and protect hair strands while invigorating the scalp and hair follicles.
Copaiba Vanilla Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner
Copaiba Vanilla Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner is especially suited for dry or damaged hair, but is also great for whenever your hair needs a little extra hydration. Copaiba’s restorative benefits combine with vanilla to create a moisturizing blend that also increases hair strength and resilience. In fact, copaiba and vanilla are both warm, comforting essential oils known for their skin and beauty benefits.
In these proprietary blends you’ll find:
- Natural base formulations
- Therapeutic grade essential oil blends
- Innovative and earth-friendly packaging
But you won’t find:
These new hair-care solutions embody the Young Living Signature Standard. That means they’re not only good for your hair, but are also good for the environment and provide you with hair care you can feel happy about.
Prior to their official launch in March, you’ll find the Young Living Signature Hair Care line featured in the 2011 Product Guide. Plus for a limited time you can experience these products for yourself at Young Living regional seminars. Don’t miss your chance to be one of the first to try Young Living’s new hair care!
Stay tuned for future posts where we’ll be exploring more of the benefits of Young Living Signature Hair Care and unveiling the next formulation just in time for spring.
Product Manager, Essential Care
Later this month, you’ll start hearing the buzz about copaiba, Young Living’s latest single essential oil. Copaiba is an incredible essential oil that continues the tradition of South American essential oils being offered by Young Living.
Want to know the highlights of this potent essential oil? Deep in the heart of the Brazilian rain forest, the copaiba tree is harvested by “tapping” the heartwood similar to how rubber and maple are tapped. The resin is collected and then steam distilled, a process that delicately extracts the pure essential oil.
Copaiba has traditionally been used in native teas to aid in soothing digestive discomforts. It also has helped regulate people’s natural immune response.* It’s no wonder why copaiba is so effective. Copaiba essential oil contains the highest amounts of beta caryophyllene: 55 percent. This is the highest of any known essential oil!