Almost nothing is a more comforting book-and-blanket companion on a winter day than a warm cup of chai tea. Want to curl up and take a little relaxing, post-holiday me-time? Be your own barista and recreate the coffee shop magic of a creamy, foamy, spicy chai latte at home.
Making chai lattes infused with essential oils is easy. You’ll need an 8-oz. Mason jar with lid, toothpicks, and a microwave.
How do you infuse your drinks with essential oils? Let us know in the comments!
Longevity was formulated by D. Gary Young as Young Living’s solution to natural, powerful antioxidant support. Simply put, antioxidants are molecules that inhibit the oxidation of other molecules. Oxidation—a natural process by which cells are damaged after interacting with oxygen—can be easily explained through the results of an elementary school science project involving apple slices. Take two apples, slice one into quarters, and leave the other whole. Now sit back and watch. The sliced apple will start to turn brown after 10-15 minutes, while the uncut apple will stay fresh for days, if not weeks. Why did the sliced apple turn brown? Once the unprotected apple cells came in contact with oxygen, oxidation began.
Cells can become damaged through the oxidation process, resulting in free radicals that have the potential to wreak havoc in the body. Although they do occur naturally in the body, free radicals can be increased through a myriad of sources, including diet, water, pollution, smoking, and excessive intake of alcohol. Antioxidants are nature’s way of neutralizing free radicals and oxidation.
Longevity’s proprietary blend of fat-soluble antioxidants contains the following pure essential oils:
- Clove—one of nature’s strongest antioxidants
- Thyme—rich in thymol; supports overall immune health*
- Orange—rich in d-limonene, a powerful antioxidant
- Frankincense—supports normal immune health*
This powerful blend should be taken daily to support the body’s systems and help offset the damaging effects of poor diet and environmental stressors. Individuals interested in additional antioxidant support should also consider adding NingXia Red®, Slique™ Tea, and OmegaGize3™.
We would love to hear from you! Leave a comment telling us which Young Living products you like to use with Longevity softgels.
—Ryan Seely, Associate Product Marketing Manager
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
Eating better is one of the simplest and most fruitful ways to improve your overall health and well-being. If we are what we eat, then adding the potent and healthful constituents found in Young Living essential oils to your daily diet can be an easy and delicious way to improve your health and energy.
March is the American Dietetic Association’s National Nutrition Month, and what better way to incorporate their theme to enjoy the taste of eating right into your life than to enhance the flavors of your dishes with Young Living essential oils?
Here are just a few examples of how you can add richness and flavor to your cooking and food preparation by including Young Living essential oils:
For a delicious way to load your body with nutrients, add the following superfoods, fresh fruits and vegetables, and Young Living essential oils to your next smoothie:
- Fruit: bananas, blueberries, apples, oranges, grapes, strawberries, etc.
- Leafy greens: spinach, kale, Swiss chard, or even broccoli
- Almond milk or ice
- Flax or chia seeds
- Spirulina: a great source of protein
- Coconut: fresh coconut flesh or coconut milk
- Bee pollen: one of the most complete foods found in nature
- Young Living’s Pure Protein Complete: 2 scoops (8 oz.)
- 1–2 drops of Young Living’s Lemon, Frankincense, and Ocotea essential oils
- To sweeten it up a bit, you can also add Young Living’s Blue Agave or Stevia Extract
Essential Oil-Infused Olive Oil
- Infuse a bottle of extra virgin olive oil with herbs and a few drops of Young Living’s Basil, Black Pepper, Dill, Lemon, Fennel, Clove, Lemongrass, Marjoram, Rosemary, Oregano, Tarragon, or Thyme essential oils to make fantastic salad dressings, a drizzle over pasta dishes, a dip for artisan bread, or a marinade for your favorite meats and vegetables. Essential oil-infused olive oil also makes a great gift or party favor.
- Add some fresh, diced mint or carrots along with a few drops of Young Living’s Lemon or Basil essential oil to your rice, bulgur, quinoa, or couscous side dish for enhanced flavor.
Leave a comment below to share ways that you use Young Living essential oils in your food preparation or cooking!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, International and Portfolio Brand Manager
Winter can be a difficult season on your physical and emotional health. The days are shorter, it is cold in most parts of the country, and colds and the flu are more prevalent.
During any season there are a few basics that can help to maintain optimal physical and mental health, such as eating healthful foods, drinking lots of water, exercising regularly, and getting enough sleep. However, you may be doing everything “right” and still need a little extra support to get you through those short winter days and long winter nights. Whether diffusing, applying topically, or taking internally, Young Living essential oils can help you strengthen your physical wellness, improve your emotional balance, and fill your home with safe, purifying products.
Here are some ways you can incorporate Young Living essential oils and essential oil-infused products into your daily routine to support your health all winter long:
Utilize the Power of Thieves:
- To help control the spread of germs, wash your hands frequently and incorporate the health-supporting power of any of our Thieves® products.
- Diffuse Thieves essential oil blend day or night to help purify and humidify the air.
- Clean household surfaces with Thieves Wipes or Thieves Household Cleaner.
- If you’re on the go, help sanitize the air with a squirt or two of Thieves Spray.
- Keep Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier in your car, at your desk, and in your purse or bag for a quick and easy cleansing shot. I frequently use a napkin and a small drop to clean my desktop.
Support the Body’s Natural Defenses:
- Citrus oils such as Citrus Fresh™, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Orange, and Tangerine help support the body’s natural defenses. Plus, the fresh, vibrant citrus scents can also help boost your mood during short winter days.
- Mountain Savory™ revitalizes and stimulates the body and has strong purifying properties.
- Clove is an important ingredient in Thieves and helps support the body’s natural response to stress.
- Oregano is known as a purifying oil.
- Thyme was traditionally regarded for its cleansing properties.
- ImmuPower™ is great to diffuse or apply topically to the feet and hands.
- Purification® deodorizes and neutralizes the air.
Support Respiratory Health:
- R.C.™ has three varieties of Eucalyptus and is comforting when applied to the chest and throat.
- Thieves Lozenges deliver the cleansing power of Thieves for long-lasting relief.
- Breathe Again™ Roll-On creates a soothing aroma.
- Peppermint eases tension and, along with Myrtle and Pine, supports healthy respiratory function.
Get a Good Night’s Sleep:
- Take a soothing bath before bed with some Epsom salts and Peace & Calming® or Dream Catcher™ to promote relaxation.
- Put some water and RutaVaLa™ or Lavender in a spray bottle and spray it on your pillow.
- Diffuse Harmony™, Valor®, Gentle Baby™, Trauma Life™, Stress Away™, or Angelica to help bring a peaceful night’s slumber.
Please leave a comment below to share how you use essential oils to help maintain your health in the winter months.
—Heidi Jeanfreau, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager
The thought of having bedbugs strikes fear into most of us. Although their bites are usually nothing more than itchy irritations, they have proven to be a real cause for alarm. Once bedbugs take up residency, getting rid of them can be very difficult.
It is no surprise that most of the ingredients found in our Thieves essential oil blend—Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Lemon, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary—are often used for natural pest control. Obviously, this blend makes an ideal foundation for any bedbug recipe. The other oils that I have added to the recipes below will enhance both the result and aroma.
Thieves Bug Spray #1
- Thieves® Spray
- 5 drops Clove essential oil
- 5 drops of a citrus essential oil such as Lemon, Lime, Orange, or Citrus Fresh
Drop the Clove essential oil and the citrus essential oil of your choice directly into the Thieves Spray bottle. Shake well.
Thieves Bug Spray #2
- 10 drops Thieves essential oil blend
- 5 drops of a citrus oil such as Lemon, Lime, Orange, or Citrus Fresh
- 2 drops Clove essential oil
Put the essential oils into a spray bottle. Add 2 ounces of distilled water. Shake vigorously before using.
- Spray in the cracks and crevices of the bedframe, mattress, and flooring.
- Spray bed linens.
Hint: This is imperative when traveling. To avoid bringing home any bedbugs, make a sachet by spraying on either a cotton ball, round, or washcloth. Place inside your suitcase.
Make sure to read my next blog later this month when the focus will be on getting rid of bedbugs for good with Thieves.
I would love to include some of your ideas, so either comment on this blog or send them directly to me at email@example.com.
—Gloria Russo, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager
A heavenly alternative to traditional treats, these delicious bites made with Young Living’s Ningxia wolfberries and Blue Agave can provide a day-long energy boost. Try this recipe for Wolfberry Bites O’ Heaven from Young Living Platinum member Jan Zerr.
1 cup cacao nibs
1 cup Young Living’s Ningxia wolfberries
1 cup hemp seeds
3/4 cup coconut butter
2 tablespoons Young Living’s Blue Agave
Dash of sea salt
Dash of vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
2 drops of a Young Living essential oil of your choice (See recommended essential oils below)
Note: Please follow individual label instructions before using any Young Living essential oil in cooking.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor except for the cacao nibs and hemp seeds. Process until completely broken down into small pieces.
- Add the cacao nibs and hemp seeds into the process. The cacao nibs should break down to about half their size. The hemp seeds should be visible.
- Form into bite-sized balls with a small ice cream scoop, place on a baking sheet, and refrigerate until firm.
This recipe was originally featured in the January 2014 issue of the Essential Edge News. You can read this issue here.
Do you have an essential oil recipe? If so, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Young Living Recipe” in the subject line. You can also share your recipe by posting a comment below. Your recipe could be featured on the Young Living Blog!
The holidays are a time when we reflect on our blessings and give gifts as a token of caring and gratitude. Some of the most iconic symbols of the Christmas season are the gifts of Frankincense and Myrrh, which were considered as valuable as gold by the three wise men in the Bible. This holiday season, build upon that ancient tradition of giving precious oils by giving a gift that shows you care about the well-being of your loved ones.
Fill the Air with Holiday Spirit
The Young Living 2013 Holiday Catalog features limited-time, beautifully packaged collections that embody the holiday spirit and make great gifts and sharing tools.
An ideal gift for those who are new to Young Living is the Holiday Sharing Collection, which includes a handcrafted diffuser necklace along with sharing packs of Lavender, Lemon, Thieves®, Peppermint, and Peace & Calming®.
Share a cup of holiday cheer with the Wintertime Wassail Collection, which contains 5-ml bottles of Cinnamon Bark, Clove, and Tangerine essential oils, a wassail recipe card, and a 16-ounce mug set. Help create an inviting and stress-free atmosphere with the Holiday Balance Mini Oils Collection, which contains 5-ml bottles of Idaho Blue Spruce, Lavender, and Citrus Fresh™
The exclusive Exotic Oils Collection features 5-ml bottles of Biblical Sweet Myrrh, Amazonian Ylang Ylang, Yuzu, Hong Kuai, Xiang Mao, and Plectranthus Oregano.
Remember, these holiday collections are available for a limited time and only while supplies last!
Give the Gift of Relaxation
Our patented Vitassage™ Essential Oil Dispensing Massager gives you a unique way to incorporate the benefits of up to three essential oils or blends into your massage. This product includes a carrying case and has a special holiday price of $49.75 (regularly $69). Add an Aroma Carousel as a revolving display for your guests to explore Young Living essential oils—it’s a perfect accessory for presentation, travel, and sharing. Together, both of these products make a great gift combination for yourself, as a business-building tool, or for a loved one.
Vitassage Package Giveaway
Leave a comment below telling us which Young Living essential oils or collections you plan to purchase for holiday gifts, and you will be entered for an opportunity to win one of two Vitassage packages, including the Vitassage Massager and Carrying Case and an Aroma Carousel. The winners will be randomly selected and will be posted in our next blog post.
—Heidi Jeanfreau, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager
This healthful and delicious essential oil-infused soup recipe is sure to be a hit with your friends and family. It includes Young Living’s Clove, Cinnamon Bark, and Nutmeg essential oils. Try this recipe for Butternut Squash Soup for your next meal.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cubed
4 cups vegetable broth
2 drops Clove essential oil
3 drops Nutmeg essential oil
1 drop Cinnamon Bark essential oil
In soup pan, sauté onions, garlic, salt, and pepper in olive oil over medium heat until tender. Add cubed squash and cook for 3–5 minutes. Next, add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Boil on medium-high heat for 25 minutes or until squash is fork tender. Remove from heat. Using a hand mixer, puree until smooth. Stir in the essential oils. Allow oils to infuse into soup for 5–8 minutes and then serve. The soup may be garnished with a spoonful of yogurt if desired.
This recipe makes about 5 ½ cups of soup.
Do you have an essential oil-infused recipe that you would like share? If so, please post a comment, including your recipe.
Sharing a steaming cup of wassail with friends and family is a great way to celebrate the holiday season. This festive beverage can be made even better with the inclusion of the delicious flavors of Clove, Cinnamon Bark, and Tangerine essential oils! Try making this essential oil-infused recipe to set the mood for any holiday occasion.
6 c. Apple Cider/Apple Juice
2 c. Pineapple Juice
5 drops Clove Essential Oil
5 drops Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
5 drops Tangerine Essential Oil
(Try one or a mixture of any of the below)
4 Tbsp. Dried Wolfberries
1-2 Slique Tea Bags
2 oz. NingXia Red
2 drops Ginger Essential Oil
2 drops Nutmeg Essential Oil
Add all ingredients to a 3-quart pot. Turn stove to medium/high and heat until hot. Serve and enjoy!
For added benefit, set the post to simmer to keep your home smelling festive throughout the day. You may need to add 1-2 drops of additional oils if the mixture stays on the burner for many hours—as you are essentially diffusing these ingredients into the air.
Our new Wintertime Wassail Collection, featured in this year’s holiday catalog, includes all the items you need to make Young Living Holiday Wassail, including 5-ml bottles of Cinnamon Bark, Clove, and Tangerine essential oils, a wassail recipe card, and a 16-ounce mug set in a gift box. View the collection in our holiday catalog here.