With your order this month, we are excited to offer two essential oils that are long-beloved for their place in both high-end and all-natural personal fragrances: Ylang Ylang and Bergamot. Order 300 PV in a single order in July and one 5-ml bottle each of these two alluring essential oils are yours, plus a free $15 product credit and 10 percent of your order back as Essential Rewards points!
Learn more about these great offers:
- With its alluring, jasmine-like scent that promotes feelings of romance and passion, Ylang Ylang essential oil is a popular floral top note in the finest fragrances. Ylang Ylang essential oil promotes beauty inside and out—pampering and nourishing hair and skin, while its scent banishes the negative thoughts that can limit your confidence and potential.
- Loved for centuries and used as an ingredient in some of the earliest colognes, Bergamot essential oil’s citrus aroma is both empowering and light, making it perfect for both men and women as a refreshing personal scent. Bergamot can lift the spirits, promote confidence, and purify and nourish the skin.
- Your $15 product credit can be used just like cash toward any order of any Young Living product! This special credit should appear on your account on or before August 20. You can then apply it to your order for $15 off!
- For every order over 300 PV in July, you will receive 10 percent of your order back in Essential Rewards points! This offer applies to both Essential Rewards and standard orders and is on top of any points you may earn from your regular monthly Essential Rewards order, up to 50 points per order. To receive these points, which can be used toward receiving free products, you must be enrolled in our Essential Rewards program. It’s our way of thanking you for your loyalty. These points will be available to use on or before August 20.
Have you used these essential oils? What is your favorite way to use them in blends? Let us know your thoughts in the comments. Go to YoungLiving.com for full offer details and visit Virtual Office to update your order and receive these free products.
If you haven’t heard the news yet, let me spread the joy: Joy™ essential oil blend is now included in the Everyday Oils collection! Sure, I can keep up with the wordplay in this joyous announcement, but truth be told, the real joy is found inside the bottle.
Joy essential oil blend not only rounds out this collection of Young Living’s most popular essential oils, but it also complements other highly sought-after oils that should be used every day. Joy’s blissful combination of bergamot, lemon, rose, ylang ylang, and other essential oils creates an aroma that brings feelings of happiness to the heart and can be enjoyed in many ways. Go ahead and diffuse a little Joy in the morning to get your day started off right, dab a little behind your ears and on your wrists to take in all the positive energies around you, and don’t forget to share your happiness with others.
Now the Everyday Oils collection has you covered in just about every way imaginable. You can enjoy the soothing and relaxing effects of Lavender and Peace & Calming®, the immune support of Lemon and Thieves®, the invigorating and energizing aroma of Peppermint, the confidence and strength of Valor® , the cleansing effect of Purification®, the spiritual enlightenment of Frankincense, the soothing properties of PanAway®, and now the uplifting properties of Joy!
Through daily use of this fantastic collection, you will begin to see the life-changing results that pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils can bring. Improve your life the way nature intended and help others along the way with the new and improved Premium Starter Kit that includes the Everyday Oils collection!
Please share your favorite ways to use the oils in the Everyday Oils collection by leaving a comment below.
—Marco Colindres III, YL Associate Product Manager
If you missed this year’s International Grand Convention, you missed out on the unveiling of some exciting products! Among these products was the convention oil blend that has been reformulated for a more optimized effect: Believe™.
The new Believe blend has been updated to add a special touch of Young Living exclusivity and efficacy by adding oils that are grown, harvested, and distilled on Young Living farms. Because of the cultivation, experience, and care of our Seed to Seal® process practiced on these farms, the purity of these oils remains unaltered.
Also with the new formula, Gary Young wanted to include the benefits of Idaho blue spruce and Ecuadorian ylang ylang (one of the convention Exotic Oils, but we’ll touch on that in another blog). With the addition of these two oils and with the current Idaho balsam fir found in the blend, the reformulated Believe now has three oils that are harvested on the Young Living farms in Idaho and Ecuador.
Created to help you overcome occasional feelings of despair and move to a higher level of awareness, Believe also contains frankincense essential oil to encourage feelings of strength and faith. With the other complementary oils that round out this blend—bergamot, coriander, and geranium—this combination of oils may help assist you as you look to unlock your true, unlimited potential.*
You may use Believe in many ways. Whether you diffuse a little before a big date or rub some behind your ears to get you through a job interview, Believe will get you in the right frame of mind to believe in yourself.
Take this time to share what you are looking forward to most when using the newly reformulated Believe. Three lucky commenters will be randomly selected to receive a bottle of this inspiring blend!
—Marco Colindres III, Product Marketing Manager
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Progesterone is a hormone found in both men and women that is generally associated with women’s health. It plays an important role in influencing menstrual cycles, pregnancy, and menopause. Genetic makeup, environmental influences, and other factors can negatively impact progesterone levels, which may lead to other imbalances in the body.
Progessence™ Plus serum, intended only for woman, is a good option for those looking to supplement progesterone levels. Expertly formulated by D. Gary Young and Dr. Dan Purser, Progessence Plus takes pure, USP-grade, super-micronized progesterone from wild yams and combines it with vitamin E and an essential oil serum to easily penetrate the skin for improved delivery. Containing frankincense, bergamot, and peppermint essential oils to aid in absorption, this product does not require the cycling of application sites as do most other progesterone products.
According to Dr. Purser, some of the common negative effects of menopause that adequate levels of progesterone can help support or minimize include:
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Increased wrinkles
- Weight gain and muscle loss (sarcopenia)
- Memory issues
For the remainder of the year, until December 31, Young Living is running a promotion for 10% off Progessence Plus serum. If you have ever thought about adding progesterone to your routine, now is the time to do it! As always, we would love to hear your feedback on Progessence Plus.
—Ryan Seely, YL Product Marketing Manager
The issue: Oily scalp
Description: Oil glands work overtime due to shifts in hormonal levels
Symptoms: Hair is greasy close to the roots and drier at the ends
Nutrition tip: Take 160 milligrams of saw palmetto extract twice a day; this has been shown to inhibit an enzyme that stimulates sebum secretion..
The issue: Thinning hair
Description: Hair loses strength and thickness. This can be caused by crash diets, pulling hair back too tightly, or endocrine disorders
Symptoms: Hair becomes finer, shorter, and takes up less space, exposing more of the scalp
Healthy recommendation: To strengthen brittle hair, massage a small amount of coconut oil (it strengthens the roots of the hair and conditions the shaft, promoting healthy growth) into your scalp for five minutes, working through from roots to ends. Wrap your head with plastic wrap and a warm, damp towel. Wait 5–15 minutes, depending on the length of your hair, and rinse out thoroughly. Repeat twice a week.
Nutrition tips: Feed your scalp! What you eat affects the health of your hair and scalp. Nutrients from food provide the energy that fuels hair growth.
- Protein strengthens hair: Iron-rich protein builds strong keratin, the outer layer of the hair and scalp. Without it, hair grows more slowly and becomes weak and brittle. Eat lean meat, fish, low-fat cheese, egg whites, spinach, and soy.
- Vitamin C builds collagen: Collagen supports hair follicles and keeps blood vessels in the scalp healthy. Vitamin C also helps you absorb iron from plant proteins. Try soy yogurt with an orange, a cup of strawberries, or a cup of steamed spinach with chopped tomatoes.
- Silica promotes growth: Silica—a nutrient found in oats, rice, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage, and sunflower seeds—supports growth of hair and nails.
- Biotin improves texture: The essential B vitamin—found in salmon, carrots, egg yolks, and sardines—helps form keratin, the protein that strengthens hair, improves texture, and stimulates growth.
- Regular meals fortify follicles: Food energizes the body and boosts hair-follicle activity. Snack on grains, fruits, and veggies between meals to get the most hair boost for your bite.
Try this mask: In addition to your normal routine, try this treatment once a month:
- Make a tea with hibiscus leaves. When tea is tepid, strain and mix in enough seaweed powder to form a paste. Seaweed is rich in calcium and magnesium, minerals essential to healthy hair.
- Blend a few drops each of rose, bergamot, geranium, orange, and sandalwood essential oils, then add 1 ounce of jojoba oil.
- Scrub your scalp with the oil for five minutes to improve blood supply to the area.
- Cover hair with a warm towel and plastic wrap for 20–30minutes.
- Rinse well, then shampoo and condition. Allow hair to dry naturally.
If you found a recipe here that works for you, or if you have other natural solutions you’ve tried successfully, please share in the comments sections! Keep in mind that the essential oils in our hair-care products retain their therapeutic-grade benefits, so you are enhancing your essential oil experience just by washing your hair! That’s definitely a beauty solution you can feel good about!
Product Manager, Essential Care