“Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.” —Gloria Steinem
This year was my first time attending a Young Living convention, and it was inspiring to see how thousands of our members are building their dreams! They have begun their journeys by partnering with a company that goes above and beyond to help individuals discover profound and lasting transformations, support their health, and change lives around the world!
It’s fitting, then, that Build Your Dream™ was the best-selling essential oil blend at this year’s convention. Build Your Dream was formulated by D. Gary Young to celebrate Young Living’s 20-year journey of vision, determination, and progress. Each oil in this unique blend has a special connection to the story of Young Living, including Lavender, Sacred Frankincense™, Melissa, Blue Cypress, Hong Kuai, Idaho Blue Spruce, Ylang Ylang, Dream Catcher™, Believe™, and the rare Blue Lotus absolute oil.
Whatever your dream is—getting out of debt, finding needed answers to a life problem, or learning a new skill—Young Living’s new Build Your Dream 20th anniversary essential oil blend can help you achieve it by providing added clarity, confidence, peace, and focus.
Here are a couple ways to use Build Your Dream to help you succeed:
- Apply topically or diffuse it in the morning during prayer or meditation to open up intuition and strengthen enthusiasm.
- Wear it topically whenever needed to inspire confidence, clarity, and focus.
- Daub it on your neck or wrists before bed as you visualize and affirm your goals.
- Diffuse it to reduce feelings of mental fatigue and disconnection, to help support relaxation, and to create an atmosphere of peace.
What is your dream? Tell us about it in the comments below to be automatically entered to win a special 20th anniversary Build Your Dream kit!
Each kit includes a 5-ml Build Your Dream blend, a 20th anniversary pin, an 8-page pamphlet about the blend and Young Living’s history, and a 16-compartment mahogany oil holder box. These kits are available only while supplies last.
The winner will be selected randomly on Monday, July 14,and we’ll post it here on the blog. Good luck!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager
Complacency isn’t one of D. Gary Young’s strong suits. He’s never satisfied if he thinks there are better ways to make, use, and share Young Living’s unique products. That drive for perfection is why our product innovation is unmatched in the industry.
At the 2014 International Grand Convention, we announced brand-new products such as Build Your Dream™ and AromaEase™ essential oil blends, the AromaLux™ Atomizing Diffuser, and many more. We work hard to offer the best products available, and this year’s crop is the latest result from this quest for perfection.
Innovation has been a hallmark of Young Living products for 20 years now, and some of our most popular products have evolved over time as we’ve found new ways to create, envision, and develop them. Take for example our antioxidant superfruit drink, NingXia Red®. Did you know it was originally called Berry Young Juice? And what is it about Thieves® essential oil blend that led to the extensive Thieves line of products?
Learn about the evolution of these popular products on our anniversary page. Click here to read more!
What are some notable Young Living product innovations that you’ve seen? Comment and share your favorites here!
For the first time ever, we’re launching a Young Living-branded apparel website! We are excited to announce YoungLivingGear.com, where you can purchase exclusive Young Living casual, business, and active apparel, as well as accessories!
Also available on the new site is a special, Young Living-themed issue of Success from Home magazine! In this special issue, Young Living Founder and CEO D. Gary Young introduces readers to the science behind essential oils. Additional articles include features on Young Living’s top leaders, tips for success in the wellness industry, John Maxwell’s essentials of teamwork, and Gary Vaynerchuk’s take on a social media presence for small businesses. This special edition is available in packs of 10, so get yours today and use this amazing sharing tool to introduce others to Young Living!
Success from Home and all the other exciting Young Living gear is available at YoungLivingGear.com right now!
We were thrilled to release over 25 all-new products at our 20th anniversary convention. Attendees learned about and experienced new essential oil blends, nutritious foods, advanced skincare formulas, easy-to-use diffusers, and lots more! Here are just a few of the innovative products that had members raving:
- Reconnect and AnimalScents kits
- Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Pancake and Waffle Mix
- Sheerlumé brightening crème
- MindWise cognitive wellness supplement
- AromaLux atomizing diffuser
- L’Brianté essential oil scent/lip gloss duos
- And many more!
Which new products are you most excited about? Share your thoughts in the comments!
With your order this month, we are excited to offer two essential oils that are long-beloved for their place in both high-end and all-natural personal fragrances: Ylang Ylang and Bergamot. Order 300 PV in a single order in July and one 5-ml bottle each of these two alluring essential oils are yours, plus a free $15 product credit and 10 percent of your order back as Essential Rewards points!
Learn more about these great offers:
- With its alluring, jasmine-like scent that promotes feelings of romance and passion, Ylang Ylang essential oil is a popular floral top note in the finest fragrances. Ylang Ylang essential oil promotes beauty inside and out—pampering and nourishing hair and skin, while its scent banishes the negative thoughts that can limit your confidence and potential.
- Loved for centuries and used as an ingredient in some of the earliest colognes, Bergamot essential oil’s citrus aroma is both empowering and light, making it perfect for both men and women as a refreshing personal scent. Bergamot can lift the spirits, promote confidence, and purify and nourish the skin.
- Your $15 product credit can be used just like cash toward any order of any Young Living product! This special credit should appear on your account on or before August 20. You can then apply it to your order for $15 off!
- For every order over 300 PV in July, you will receive 10 percent of your order back in Essential Rewards points! This offer applies to both Essential Rewards and standard orders and is on top of any points you may earn from your regular monthly Essential Rewards order, up to 50 points per order. To receive these points, which can be used toward receiving free products, you must be enrolled in our Essential Rewards program. It’s our way of thanking you for your loyalty. These points will be available to use on or before August 20.
Have you used these essential oils? What is your favorite way to use them in blends? Let us know your thoughts in the comments. Go to YoungLiving.com for full offer details and visit Virtual Office to update your order and receive these free products.
Check out some of the happy faces and fun interviews from attendees at the 2014 International Grand Convention!
The 2014 International Grand Convention is underway, and there is still more excitement to come! Make sure to follow the convention on social media through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates, action photos, and more!
While there is much to look forward to as Young Living continues to advance and grow, we also treasure the memories of past conventions that mark our journey and remind us of our progress. In that spirit, please enjoy the following photo memories and join us as we remember how far we’ve come!
The doors will soon open at the 2014 International Grand Convention—our biggest celebration ever! Our social media team is determined to help you make the most of your convention experience by giving you the best seat in the house!
Be sure to “Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. As the week unfolds, you’ll get exciting Lifestyle Expo updates, social media-only promotions, convention activity news, action photos, and more! Check our different social media platforms using the following links and claim your front-row seat!
Facebook: Visit Facebook.com/YoungLiving
Twitter: Visit Twitter.com/YoungLivingEO
Instagram: Visit Instagram.com/YoungLivingEO (You may also visit your app store to download the Instagram app.)
Also, make sure to use our hashtag, #YLconvention, when posting all things convention.
In addition to keeping you in-the-know online, the social media team will have its own booth on site! Located in the North Foyer, just inside the north entrance to the Salt Palace and Ballroom, the social media team will stage daily Live Your Dream contests. You must visit the booth to participate, so stop by to learn how you can win special prizes! The booth will be open from 12–6 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
The social media booth will also be the drop-off point for thank you letters for Gary and Mary. Take this opportunity to write a personal thank you note for our company founders and bring it by the booth for collection!
If your kids can’t stand the summer heat, then get out the essential oils and mix up a refreshing pitcher of Citrus Slushy, created by Young Living Star member Kayla Arnold. The refreshing taste and quick, easy preparation will have your kids asking for this delicious mix every hot summer afternoon!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ice
- 2 drops Lemon essential oil
- 2 drops Orange essential oil
- ½ large orange, peeled and quartered
Place ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more ice or water as necessary. Make as often as requested!
For those with a sweet tooth, Young Living Senior Star Ann Hagenbarth’s Lemondrop Shortbread Cookies are sure to satisfy your craving!
LEMONDROP SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- 8 Tbsp. butter
- 6 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup sugar (or 2/3 cup Yacon syrup*)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour (gluten-free) or unbleached all-purpose flour (if using unbleached all-purpose flour, omit xanthan gum below)
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- Pinch of salt
In a mixer, cream butter, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Add flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. Roll into 1-tsp. balls. Press down with thumb to make a small indentation where the filling will go later. Bake at 350˚F for 3–5 minutes. Watch very closely to avoid overcooking and browning the edges. Cool before adding filling.
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 4 ½ tsp. cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar (or ½ cup Yacon syrup)
- ¾ cup water
- 15–20 drops Lemon essential oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
Beat egg yolk in a small bowl and set aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water until the mixture is smooth. Over medium-high heat, cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Set timer and cook an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat. In a separate bowl, stir a small amount of filling into the egg yolk—do this slowly so that the egg does not cook. Gradually pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan and bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and gently stir in butter and Lemon essential oil. Pour a small amount into each cookie’s indentation. Sprinkle with unsweetened coconut and enjoy!
A big thank you to Kayla and Ann for their delicious recipes. Please keep sending yours to email@example.com! My next post will focus on the most important meal of the day: breakfast.
—Gloria Russo, Young Living International and Portfolio Brand Manager
*Yacon syrup may change consistency of dough
For many, the prostate and the role it plays in the human body is a mystery. The prostate is a small gland, part of the male reproductive system, located near the bladder. Prostate gland enlargement, which can cause bladder problems and discomfort, affects nearly 50 percent of men by age 60.
In order to aid in supporting the prostate, Young Living created a vegetable-based herbal supplement called Prostate Health™. This meticulously crafted supplement delivers support for healthy prostate function, a functional urinary tract, and a healthy male glandular system.* How does it accomplish all this? By combining the benefits of these potent, natural ingredients:
- Geranium essential oil is known for its antioxidant and detoxification properties.
- Fennel essential oil contains high levels of anethol and is known to support multiple body systems.*
- Myrtle essential oil is used traditionally to support male glandular health.*
- Lavender essential oil contains linalool and is known as an adaptogen, which can assist the body when adapting to imbalances.*
- Peppermint essential oil is rich in menthol and has been used traditionally to aid in mental and physical fatigue.*
- Saw palmetto is native to the West Indies, is high in fatty acids and sterols, and contains an abundance of carotenoids, liases, tannis, and oleic acid.
- Pumpkin seed oil is a great source of phytosterols, one of the most abundant sources of squalene.
When combined with an active lifestyle and a well-balanced diet, Prostate Health is an excellent option for men looking to support healthy male systems.*
We know that some of you are anxious to use Prostate Health—so as a bonus, we are giving away five bottles! Please leave a comment with the top three words you would use to describe your father or man in your life who would benefit from this amazing product, and we will choose five for a free bottle!
—Blair Lloyd, Young Living International and Portfolio Brand Associate
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.