Every afternoon during the school year, kids rush home and raid the kitchen in search of an afternoon snack. If parents aren’t careful, these snacks could fill their kids up with processed ingredients with little nutritional value.
Instead, here’s an alternative that combines the delicious and wholesome benefits of fruit, essential oils, and Ecuadorian Dark Chocolessence™! Different from standard chocolate, Ecuadorian Dark Chocolessence contains 70 percent cacao and offers high amounts of beneficial flavonoids. This snack is customizable, so you can adapt it for almost any age and even your pickiest eater!
- 4 bars Ecuadorian Dark Chocolessence, chopped
- 2 teaspoons organic coconut oil
- A 2–4 drops of a tasty essential oil, such as Peppermint or Orange (optional)
- Sliced fruit, such as strawberries, bananas, pineapple, or pears
- Toppings such as sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds, or coconut flakes
- Wax paper
- Double boiler or small pot and small metal bowl
- Tray or baking sheet
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil together in a double boiler. You can create your own with a stainless steel bowl placed over a small pot of boiling water. Stir often to prevent chocolate from burning.
- As soon as all of the chocolate has melted and combined with the coconut oil, remove from heat. Ecuadorian Dark Chocolessence contains quinoa crisps and raw cacao nibs, so the melted chocolate will not be completely smooth. If using, mix in 1–2 drops essential oil.
- Dip fruit into the chocolate mixture using toothpicks or skewers and place chocolate-coated fruit on wax paper-lined tray or baking sheet. Stir chocolate occasionally.
- When all of the fruit is coated in chocolate, garnish with your choice of toppings. Place tray in freezer to help the chocolate set.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy!
This treat is perfect for sweet-toothed and health-conscious individuals alike! Comment below and tell us what combinations you would love to try.
—Blair Lloyd, Young Living International and Portfolio Brand Associate
This year I’ve had the privilege of attending Young Living’s Highland Flats tree farm for the Winter Harvest. What a joy it has been getting my hands in the soil, working with the Idaho balsam fir, and being a part of the Seed to Seal® process. If you haven’t been to a Winter Harvest yet, I recommend you try to go next year. It has been a wonderful experience!
As I was chatting with other Winter Harvest participants, I was invigorated by the passion our members and employees have for these amazing oils. Tyler, from Young Living’s quality control department, told me he loves to experiment with essential oils to create custom products. He shared some wonderful Valentine’s Day DIY gift ideas with me that I’d like to pass on to you.
Tyler’s “Blue Collar Meets White Collar” Aftershave
This aftershave blend is hardworking and masculine, yet has a gentle aroma. Apply immediately after shaving or before bed to moisturize and soothe the skin overnight.
Fill a 2-ml Essential Oil Sample Bottle with the following essential oils:
- 6 drops of Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood
- 4 drops of Myrrh
- 3 drops of Mister™, Hong Kuai, or Hinoki
- 10 drops of V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex
- 10 drops of witch hazel extract
Tyler’s Perfume for Her
Here’s a light, sweet, and long-lasting perfume. If you find it to be a little strong, mellow it down with a few drops of V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex.
Fill a 2-ml Essential Oil Sample Bottle with the following essential oils:
- 15 drops of a citrus essential oil such as Bergamot
- 3–4 drops of a floral essential oil such as Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Clary Sage, or Geranium
- 2–3 drops of a secondary floral essential oil listed above
Do you have any DIY products that you give as gifts for Valentine’s Day? Please share in the comments!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, Young Living International & Portfolio Brand Manager
Canada-based Adam Green is a record breaker. Adam recently achieved Young Living’s highest and most honored rank—Royal Crown Diamond—and, at just 25, is the youngest member in Young Living’s 20-year history to achieve this status. He’s part of a 30,000 member-strong organization called “The Green Team.” This NingXia Red® daily-doser said he owes a lot to Young Living, including paying off his house and meeting his wife, Vanessa, at a Young Living event.
We talked with Adam about his favorite products and usage tips, how he sparks conversations about Young Living, the best part of his job, and his advice to aspiring Royal Crown Diamonds.
Adam: My mother has been a Young Living member since 2000, and I’ve been using the products ever since. She was my sponsor when I became a member myself. In late 2011, I quit my job as a personal trainer to focus more on building my Young Living business. At the time of the 2012 International Grand Convention, I’d been a slow-moving Silver for three years, but then a presentation by Bob Proctor put a fire in my belly. I told everyone that I wouldn’t be coming back until I wasn’t a Silver anymore. I collected neck lanyards for Gold, Platinum, Diamond, and Crown Diamond and took them back to home. I wrote specific dates on goal cards for each rank and hung the lanyards up on my wall to remind me constantly of my goals. I returned to the convention the next year as a Diamond, advancing three ranks in 11 months!
YL: What do you think helped you rise in rank so quickly?
Adam: It was a combination of changing my mindset and becoming self-motivated. Successfully achieving this rank is completely a team effort—it would be impossible otherwise. Because of that, it’s about what everyone can do together. It’s how we can duplicate leadership. For one, our team shifted to more home gatherings for intro events, as opposed to hotel events, and we grew exponentially. I am proud of my team that has grown with me.
YL: What’s next now that you’re a Royal Crown Diamond?
Adam: My focus will still be on empowering leaders and the team as much as possible. I’ll keep leading by example and work to provide a great example for the team to follow. The speed of the leader sets the pace for the team!
YL: What’s the best part of what you do?
Adam: I enjoy having the freedom to control my own life and my schedule. The best part is that my success isn’t just about me—it’s based on helping others achieve and become successful. The only way you can succeed and earn with Young Living is to help other people with their physical and financial health.
YL: What are your biggest learning takeaways since joining Young Living?
Adam: I’ve learned that it’s important to keep things simple and to not be the expert at the front of the room at introduction events. I sought out top leaders in our profession; there is so much value in finding people who have achieved what you want to achieve and modelling them. Duplication is the foundation for success in our business.
YL: Which products are your favorites?
Adam: I love NingXia Red and NingXia Nitro™ and drink them daily. I think one reason why I’ve been so healthy is because I’ve used supplements my entire life. A few of my favorites are OmegaGize³™, Sulfurzyme®, and Super B™. Deep Relief™ is my personal favorite. I’ve used it many times to introduce people to Young Living. I hoard Valor®, too. It smells so good! I’ve spent a lot of time speaking in public, and it has been a big help.
YL: Any tried-and-true usage tips you’d like to share?
Adam: I use Thieves® Household Cleaner for all my cleaning. It’s the most versatile household product and the only cleaner we use. I use oils no matter where I go, since wearing them helps generate curiosity and conversations with people. I even put Abundance™ on my checks, and bank tellers ask me about the smell. We’re lucky that our business is an aromatic company, while other companies offer products that don’t spark conversations so easily.
YL: What’s your best business advice for aspiring Royal Crown Diamonds?
Adam: It takes a concerted effort. Develop your team and leaders—they are the true commodity in your business. Find mentors, ditch the ego, be teachable and coachable, go in with a student’s mindset, and learn the skills you need. Even though you can start a Young Living business for $150, as opposed to spending $120,000 at school to learn business or marketing, you still need to treat it like a serious business. If you treat it like a hobby, you’ll get paid like it’s a hobby.
YL: What are you most excited for in Young Living’s future?
Adam: I love that we’re a growing, stable company with a great leadership team at corporate and in the field. Young Living really is a unique opportunity since we’re about creating success for other people and not just ourselves.
Congratulations to Adam for a stellar effort! Good luck from all of us!
When it comes to inspiring change, the New Year holiday is a top motivator for those who believe in making each day count and every year better than the last. If you felt freshly inspired as you rang in 2015, hang on to that fire—it’s the key to making lasting changes for a happier, healthier future!
Do you see yourself learning an instrument or language? Spending more time with your kids? Growing your Young Living business? Getting reacquainted with your artistic side? Chances are you’re not short on ideas for taking big steps forward. But before you start tackling your resolutions, it’s important to discover what is most important to you and what changes will have the biggest impact on your happiness and quality of life. Pause. Meditate. Journal. You might find it helpful to incorporate the essential oils below into your goal setting to help define and focus your aims:
- Hope™: Develop feelings of strength and stability.
- Transformation™: Empower uplifting thoughts.
- Surrender™: Address inhibitions limiting your potential.
- Inspiration™: Enhance spirituality and meditation.
Setting goals is one of the most crucial elements of creating a happy, full life. Be sure that the resolutions you make are substantial but achievable. The satisfaction you feel after meeting a goal will spur you on to further accomplishment, creating a positive cycle of achievement and fulfillment.
To keep achieving, review your goals frequently. Share them with those who will be supportive and help you achieve them. Don’t procrastinate, but be kind to yourself about your expectations. Also, be sure to create a plan for your goals. For example, don’t just set out to hit Gold rank by the end of the year; create a target of enrolling a certain number of new members per week, while creating a reliable system for yourself to contact new people and support your newest downline members. We suggest these essential oils to help you keep your confidence strong and commitment high:
- Believe™: Promote feelings of strength and faith.
- Harmony™: Create an environment of peace within your relationships and yourself.
- Highest Potential™: Support self-confidence and purpose in life.
- Envision™: Renew faith in the future.
- Gathering™: Maintain the path to higher achievement.
- Sacred Mountain™: Promote feelings of strength and empowerment.
- Magnify Your Purpose™: Enhance creativity and motivation.
- Motivation™: Take action.
What are your goals this year? What big steps does 2015 hold for you? Tell us in the comments!
During this time of year, our Young Living purpose—sharing authentic gifts from nature to improve lives all around the world—seems more profound when sharing with those who truly need our help. I cannot think of another group more deserving than the millions of infants and toddlers who live in poverty—12 million in the U.S. alone! Twenty-two percent of children are born into families that lack the basic baby supplies required to keep a newborn safe and healthy.
To help alleviate the needs of these little ones, I’ve decided to enlist the help of friends and family to make Young Living-style “cuddle kits” for infants. Join me this holiday season and host your own service party and make the season of giving a memorable one!
Begin by choosing the organization you’ll donate to. Each humanitarian entity has different and specific requirements, so you’ll want to contact them before starting. I recommend a Google search to find local groups like:
- Hospitals and clinics
- Refugee camps (drop-off locations throughout the U.S. and Canada)
- Women’s shelters
- Homeless shelters
- Religious organizations
- United Way
This site includes more great charitable organizations you can look into.
Make sure you have everything you need before your guests arrive. The cuddle kits can include items like:
- Receiving blankets
- Cloth diapers
- Diaper pins
- Baby socks or booties
- Gentle soap
- BPA-free bibs, burp cloths, pacifiers, and bottles
- Toiletries and diaper wipes, regular size and trial size
- Baby formula
After selecting an organization, invite friends and family to participate. Decide together how many items you can donate.
- Great appetizers or snacks that include the benefits of Young Living essential oils. Check out our Facebook page for recipes.
- Diffuse your favorite aromatic essential oil blend, such as Christmas Spirit™, Gratitude™, or Joy™.
- Fun, festive music that everyone will enjoy.
There is nothing better than strengthening relationships while doing something good for those in need. Enjoy this unique time of year, share your Young Living abundance, and have a memorable holiday season.
Are you hosting a service party? Tell us about it in the comments or on Facebook!
—Gloria Russo, International and Portfolio Brand Manager, Personal Care
The most impactful and influential relationships in most people’s lives are with family members. And, for better or for worse, our family is most likely to see us at our best…and our worst. Here are a few ideas for creating an atmosphere of joy and cooperation that will keep things harmonious throughout the holidays!
- Enhance a warm, festive, and inviting atmosphere in your home with traditional scents of the season such as Christmas Spirit™ or Evergreen Essence™.
- Combine Frereana Frankincense and Idaho Balsam Fir for a woodsy and reverent ambiance.
- Take a deep breath and enhance a feeling of togetherness by diffusing Harmony™, Forgiveness™, Humility™, or Present Time™ during your next family gathering. Bring it up a notch by adding Believe™, Hope™, Inspiration™, Joy™, or Transformation™.
- Create a calming, meditative mood by diffusing your own blend of Pine, Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood, and Hong Kuai.
What blends do you diffuse during the holidays to enhance your sense of peace, harmony, and togetherness throughout the season? Share your comments below!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, Young Living International and Portfolio Brand Manager
Are you running on fumes? Most of us have so many demands on our time that we find our energy waning throughout the day. Your energy levels can make or break your day, so here are six simple suggestions that will turn a small amount of effort into a big return:
- Bring on the Shutran. Rolling on Shutran™ essential oil blend is a quick and easy step. Although Shutran is designed as an aroma for men, women can enjoy its beneficial properties, too! In particular, Shutran features Young Living’s exclusive Idaho Blue Spruce essential oil, which can help put the bounce back in your step by invigorating both the body and mind.
- Drink Up. Water and energy go hand-in-hand. Therefore, it is no surprise that Americans are dehydrated and that they complain of being tired. Carry a water bottle with you that you can refill, and make sure that it has a spout. I find I naturally drink more water if my bottle has one.
- Let the Sunshine In. Increasing your exposure to light, especially the sun, can improve energy, so open the blinds or turn on an extra light at your workplace. Be aware that for a small percentage of the population, the relationship between sunlight and mood may need extra consideration; if you find that your lack of energy is accompanied by seasonal depression, you might want to explore talking with a doctor and trying light therapy.
- Lighten up Lunch. Your body’s circadian rhythm naturally winds down in the afternoon. When you combine that with a heavy lunch, your body will focus on digestion with very little left to keep your mind sharp or even awake. A good rule of thumb is to keep your lunches around 500 calories.
- Get a Little Nutty. Munch on a handful of walnuts or flaxseed. Studies show that the omega-3s in these healthy snacks will boost your body’s natural energy.
- Liven it Up. Get your juices flowing with lively music! Sports psychologists have found that lively music helps relieve stress and fight fatigue.
When you head out the door for your workday, toss a bag of nuts, a water bottle, headphones, and a bottle of Shutran in your bag. Soak in the sunshine and pack a lighter lunch. These steps may be simple, but they will increase your energy, help you be more productive, and make your day great!
—Gloria Russo, International and Portfolio Brand Manager, Personal Care
What did we do in 2014? We celebrated our 20th anniversary all year long, and we captured some of our year-long celebration’s most significant highlights on film! Watch this exciting video of some of the year’s most memorable moments and celebrate with us all over again! Click below.
Great skin care starts with three fundamental steps: cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. Our new ART® Skin Care System offers three reformulated products that are designed to do just that. Authentic beauty radiates from within, and these products were created to emphasize your inherent beauty in a safe, natural way that doesn’t compromise your long-term health.
Cleansing twice daily is the first step to healthier-looking skin. Offering the same essential oil benefits as its predecessor, our new Gentle Cleanser uses additional plant-based ingredients to gently and effectively remove pore-clogging impurities from the skin.
We recommend using ART Gentle Cleanser morning and night or after any heavy sweating. Use lukewarm water and lather a nickel-sized amount of cleanser with your hands before massaging it onto the face. Rinse, and then pat dry. The mild foaming action leaves your face feeling clean, soft, and supple without stripping it of its natural oils.
Applying toner is an oft-skipped step, but if you want maximum benefits from your skin care regimen, don’t leave it out! Providing essential oils in a light, easily-absorbing formula, ART Refreshing Toner smoothes and balances the skin after cleansing, diminishes the appearance of pores, and removes residual particles left behind after cleansing. To apply, dampen a cotton ball with toner and gently swipe across clean, dry skin.
ART Light Moisturizer
A good moisturizer forms a hydrating barrier on the skin to lock moisture and other beneficial ingredients into the skin and protect it from environmental attacks. Our new ART Light Moisturizer combines the best features of the former Day Activator and Night Reconstructor into one advanced, essential oil-infused formula. With new active botanicals that work with all skin types to help retain and maintain proper hydration, ART Light Moisturizer also reduces the visible signs of aging, evens skin tone, and improves skin elasticity. Massaged into the face morning and evening after applying toner, this moisturizer leaves your complexion refreshed, renewed, and radiant.
We can hardly wait for you to try these exciting new products! This easy-to-follow skin care regimen is gentle enough for every skin type and helps build healthy, youthful-looking skin now and long term. Your skin is a canvas—prepare it beautifully!
Gloria Russo—International and Portfolio Brand Manager, Personal Care