Eating better is one of the simplest and most fruitful ways to improve your overall health and well-being. If we are what we eat, then adding the potent and healthful constituents found in Young Living essential oils to your daily diet can be an easy and delicious way to improve your health and energy.
March is the American Dietetic Association’s National Nutrition Month, and what better way to incorporate their theme to enjoy the taste of eating right into your life than to enhance the flavors of your dishes with Young Living essential oils?
Here are just a few examples of how you can add richness and flavor to your cooking and food preparation by including Young Living essential oils:
For a delicious way to load your body with nutrients, add the following superfoods, fresh fruits and vegetables, and Young Living essential oils to your next smoothie:
- Fruit: bananas, blueberries, apples, oranges, grapes, strawberries, etc.
- Leafy greens: spinach, kale, Swiss chard, or even broccoli
- Almond milk or ice
- Flax or chia seeds
- Spirulina: a great source of protein
- Coconut: fresh coconut flesh or coconut milk
- Bee pollen: one of the most complete foods found in nature
- Young Living’s Pure Protein Complete: 2 scoops (8 oz.)
- 1–2 drops of Young Living’s Lemon, Frankincense, and Ocotea essential oils
- To sweeten it up a bit, you can also add Young Living’s Blue Agave or Stevia Extract
Essential Oil-Infused Olive Oil
- Infuse a bottle of extra virgin olive oil with herbs and a few drops of Young Living’s Basil, Black Pepper, Dill, Lemon, Fennel, Clove, Lemongrass, Marjoram, Rosemary, Oregano, Tarragon, or Thyme essential oils to make fantastic salad dressings, a drizzle over pasta dishes, a dip for artisan bread, or a marinade for your favorite meats and vegetables. Essential oil-infused olive oil also makes a great gift or party favor.
- Add some fresh, diced mint or carrots along with a few drops of Young Living’s Lemon or Basil essential oil to your rice, bulgur, quinoa, or couscous side dish for enhanced flavor.
Leave a comment below to share ways that you use Young Living essential oils in your food preparation or cooking!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, International and Portfolio Brand Manager
Diffusing activates the powerful plant constituents found in Young Living essential oils. Whether in your family room, office, kitchen, or bedroom, diffusing essential oils can help eliminate odors and provide an uplifting mood in your home.
Creating Custom Blends
While a few of our most popular oil blends include Thieves®, Peace & Calming®, Valor®, Purification®, R.C™, and Joy™, you can also create many combinations by mixing single oils or adding singles to our oil blends. The possibilities are endless!
At our global headquarters, several Young Living employees have created their own custom diffusing blends. Here’s a favorite blend of McKenna H., who works in our Will Call:
- 7-10 drops Lime
- 6-8 drops Tangerine
- 2-3 drops Melaleuca Quinquenervia
- 1 drop Petitgrain
- 2 drops Frankincense
Other custom blends ideas from Young Living employees include:
- Eucalyptus Radiata and Grapefruit for a fresh, clean aroma
- Jasmine, Orange, and Tangerine to create a scent reminiscent of spring
- Sandalwood, Frankincense, and Hong Kuai to help promote deeper meditation
- Christmas Spirit™ and Pine or Juniper to create a cozy, winter aroma
Favorite Diffuser Blends from Young Living Facebook fans:
“I created a blend for my daughter’s fourth-grade class to clear the room and help with focus: Peppermint, Clove, Eucalyptus, and Lemongrass.” –Yvonne S., Member
“I like to diffuse Peppermint and Thieves. It makes for a very fresh-smelling home, while cleaning the air of impurities at the same time.” –Gail T., Silver
“For freshening air and getting rid of bugs, I use Purification, Peppermint, Valor, and Thieves.”
–Tiffany V., Senior Star
“Peace & Calming with some Christmas Spirit at night makes me sleep like a baby, and I wake up happy in the morning!” –Shelly M., Star
“My favorite: 2 drops Joy, 2 drops Abundance ™, 5 drops Citrus Fresh, and 3 drops Peppermint.” –Renee D., Star
“Lavender and Orange is a great mix for relaxation and creates a wonderful fragrance.” –Glenda M., Member
“Lavender and Peace & Calming at bedtime creates restful nights for the whole family.” –Darcy D., Star
What are some of your favorite diffuser blends, and what do you use them for? Leave a comment and let us know. We always love to hear from you!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager
At least 30 minutes before each workout, it is important to increase the amount of water you consume. Supplement this with your choice of NingXia Red® for added nutrition, NingXia Nitro™ and Slique™ Tea to increase alertness, and a clear capsule with 4-6 drops of Lemongrass essential oil to get ready for your workout. These products work together to help improve energy and endurance and increase thermogenics in the body.
Immediately following this preparation, it is important to warm up the body to prepare your muscles for the workout. If your muscles are sore, gently rub a few drops of Peppermint essential oil onto the affected area to help soothe the minor discomfort. As with any workout regimen, a healthy diet and proper technique will help you achieve your fitness goals.
Recommended Pre-Workout Products:
NingXia Red: NingXia Red’s cascading energy and nutrient-rich formula is a perfect way to prepare for any workout.
NingXia Nitro: NingXia Nitro is an all-natural way to enhance physical performance. Not only does it deliver a unique combination of B vitamins, essential oils, and green tea extract, but it also contains Bioenergy Riobose®, a premium ingredient clinically proven to increase energy, accelerate recovery, and reduce fatigue and muscle pain.
Slique Tea: By providing a rare blend of jade oolong leaves, ocotea, and frankincense powder, Slique Tea is a delicious beverage that provides a natural energy boost.
Slique Essence Essential Oil Blend: Young Living’s Slique Essence essential oil blend contains a unique combination of grapefruit, tangerine, lemon, spearmint, and ocotea essential oils that uplifts and energizes.
Peppermint Essential Oil: When ingested, Peppermint essential oil supports digestion and may improve concentration and mental acuity. When used topically, it soothes sore muscles.
In the next article of our two-part series on essential oils and exercise, we will focus on Young Living products that can assist you during your workout and post workout.
Please share with us any other pre-workout essential oil secrets you may have by leaving a comment!