With my busy schedule, I occasionally find myself in need of a break. I’ll take a walk up the office stairs to get my blood flowing; I’ll close my eyes and take a couple of deep breaths; or, best of all, I will reach into my purse for one of Young Living’s essential oil roll-ons.
Our roll-ons offer quick and effective application of some of my favorite essential oils, making them perfect to take along with me wherever I go. I carry Tranquil™, with its balanced combination of Lavender, Cedarwood, and Roman Chamomile; I’m never without the soothing fragrance of Lime, Lavender, and Copaiba in our Stress Away™ roll-on; and I love the unique blend of Ruta, Valerian, and Lavender that is found only in RutaVaLa™! Having these blends in roll-on form means I always have access to their calming aromas.
As much as I rely on these blends to lift my day, the fresh new design for the roll-on packaging gives me even more to love! To me, it embodies Young Living’s Seed to Seal® process because we are always seeking out and embracing the highest quality standards in everything we do!
How do you use Young Living’s roll-ons? Do you have any special blends that you’ve made into a roll-on? Please leave your comments below. We always love to hear from you!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, Young Living International and Portfolio Brand Manager
This year I’ve had the privilege of attending Young Living’s Highland Flats tree farm for the Winter Harvest. What a joy it has been getting my hands in the soil, working with the Idaho balsam fir, and being a part of the Seed to Seal® process. If you haven’t been to a Winter Harvest yet, I recommend you try to go next year. It has been a wonderful experience!
As I was chatting with other Winter Harvest participants, I was invigorated by the passion our members and employees have for these amazing oils. Tyler, from Young Living’s quality control department, told me he loves to experiment with essential oils to create custom products. He shared some wonderful Valentine’s Day DIY gift ideas with me that I’d like to pass on to you.
Tyler’s “Blue Collar Meets White Collar” Aftershave
This aftershave blend is hardworking and masculine, yet has a gentle aroma. Apply immediately after shaving or before bed to moisturize and soothe the skin overnight.
Fill a 2-ml Essential Oil Sample Bottle with the following essential oils:
- 6 drops of Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood
- 4 drops of Myrrh
- 3 drops of Mister™, Hong Kuai, or Hinoki
- 10 drops of V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex
- 10 drops of witch hazel extract
Tyler’s Perfume for Her
Here’s a light, sweet, and long-lasting perfume. If you find it to be a little strong, mellow it down with a few drops of V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex.
Fill a 2-ml Essential Oil Sample Bottle with the following essential oils:
- 15 drops of a citrus essential oil such as Bergamot
- 3–4 drops of a floral essential oil such as Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Clary Sage, or Geranium
- 2–3 drops of a secondary floral essential oil listed above
Do you have any DIY products that you give as gifts for Valentine’s Day? Please share in the comments!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, Young Living International & Portfolio Brand Manager
As the newest addition to the Everyday Oils™ essential oil collection, expectations are high for Melaleuca Alternifolia. Because only the most useful and popular products make their way into Everyday Oils, we know that our members are going to love the way this oil fits in with classics like Lavender, Lemon, Thieves®, and PanAway®!
Commonly known as tea tree oil, Melaleuca has long been valued for its cosmetic benefits, especially for its natural skin-cleansing benefits. Melaleuca’s intrinsic properties cleanse away dirt, toxins, and dead skin, giving you healthy-looking and feeling skin.
Qualities like these have led Young Living to include Melaleuca Alternifolia essential oil in formulations such as Purification® blend, our Animal Scents™ products, and in Melaleuca-Geranium Moisturizing Soap.
Looking for ways to use Melaleuca Alternifolia? Here are some suggestions:
- Use a cotton swab to apply Melaleuca Alternifolia directly to the face.
- Add a drop to your shampoo to support a healthy-feeling scalp.
- If you forget to transfer your laundry to the dryer in a timely manner, run another washing cycle with a few drops of Melaleuca Alternifolia added to the water.
- Add a drop of Melaleuca Alternifolia to soften the skin around a splinter before removing it.
- Freshen and deodorize your rugs. Combine a few drops each of Melaleuca Alternifolia and Lavender with ¼ cup baking soda. Leave mixture overnight to let the oils absorb into the baking soda, and then sprinkle over rug and vacuum immediately. (As a bonus, your vacuum will smell fresher, too!)
- Diffuse Melaleuca Alternifolia to purify the air in your home or workspace.
Are you discovering Melaleuca Alternafolia for the first time? Are you a long-time fan? Let us know why you’re looking forward to getting Melaleuca Alternifolia essential oil in your Everyday Oils collection in the comments!
Thinking about making homemade holiday gifts using essential oils? Invite your friends over for a make-and-take party! At a recent Monthly Education Seminar, Young Living member and party-hosting expert Nance Ciasca not only taught us how to have a successful make-and-take party but also gave us ideas on a “Holiday Gifts” party theme.
Find simple instructions below to make three memorable holiday gifts—Winter Smooth Hand Scrub to comfort skin exposed to harsh elements, Winter Fresh Spray to freshen any indoor environment, and invigorating “The Day After” Bath Salts to use after a big day of rich foods, family, and fun!
- In a Ziploc bag, combine:
1/2 C white sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 tsp. V-6 Oil
1/3 C olive oil
10 drops Lavender essential oil or other topical essential oil of your choice
2. Seal bag and knead to mix ingredients.
3. Pour contents into an 8 oz. mason jar.
Winter Fresh Spray
- Unscrew the lid of a clean, empty 2 oz. spray bottle.
- Using a funnel, fill with distilled water up to one finger’s width from the top.
- Add 10 drops Evergreen Essence™ essential oil blend
- Top off with witch hazel and shake well.
- Spray in indoor spaces or onto linens and carpets to add a fresh, aromatic boost.
“The Day After” Bath Salts
- To a 4 oz. jar with cork lid, add
1/4 C Epsom salt
1/4 C Kosher salt
10 drops Eucalyptus Globulus essential oil
10 drops Juniper essential oil
2. Secure the cork top and shake well.
3. Add as desired to a hot bath.
Give your gifts some pizazz by decorating with string, tags, and ribbon. Place the three gifts in a clear confectionery bag and tie off with ribbon and give to neighbors, teachers, friends, family—or yourself!
Organize a hands-on “Holiday Gifts” make-and-take party with these DIYs using our party-planning tips; and tie in the season by playing holiday music, diffusing Christmas Spirit, and serving essential oil-infused hot chocolate!
What other essential oil-infused gifts have you made or received? We’d love to read about your gifts in the comments!
Whether you’re looking for new ideas to share Young Living or you’d like to get your friends together for your own girls’ night, hosting a Young Living make-and-take party is a great opportunity to meet new people, make some fun DIY projects, and show friends and neighbors that Young Living is more than just a drop of oil—that our products can easily and naturally complement any lifestyle.
From refreshments, to ways to encourage natural conversation about Young Living, to diffusion ideas, here’s your guide to hosting a fantastic make-and-take party!
STEP 1: Make a Plan
- Pick a theme. Maybe go with a “Pamper Me” theme with bath salts, hand scrub, and foot lotion made with Lavender or Ylang Ylang essential oil. Or perhaps a “Daily Dose” theme with an invigorating morning Melaleuca Alternifolia face lotion, a fresh 2:30 p.m. roll-on with Frankincense essential oil, and a serene nighttime room spray with Lavender essential oil.
- Decide which refreshments you’d like to serve. Keep your finger food simple and light. Try a fruit or vegetable tray with dip, or try crackers and cheese. You can even include Young Living essential oils in your refreshment spread. Try lemonade made with citrus essential oils, hot chocolate with Cinnamon Bark or Orange essential oils, or a vegetable dip with Dill essential oil. Our Healthy Cooking, Volume 2 recipe book has some great ideas you could try.
- Make a shopping list of the DIY project ingredients, project containers, decorations, bowls and utensils for assembling, and refreshments.
- Decide what amount you feel is appropriate to charge your attendees for each DIY project. You can use PayPal or Venmo or ask people to bring cash to the party.
STEP 2: Get the Word Out
- Decide how many people you are comfortable hosting, and then over-invite. Remember, people get busy and not everyone you invite will be able to make it.
- 2–3 weeks prior to your party, send out invitations. You can create a Facebook event or send any combination of emails, texts, and printed invitations.
- Closer to the date, send reminders and get a final count on RSVPs.
STEP 3: Pre-Party Setup
- Print handouts of the ingredients and instructions for your DIY projects.
- Have Young Living resources placed around your home, so people can browse during any downtime. We recommend the 2015 Product Guide and any resources you have on essential oils and their uses.
- Set up different stations for each DIY project to avoid overcrowding in one area. Organize tables with all the containers, ingredients, and measuring utensils laid out in order of assembly. Tip: Use white plastic tablecloths and write instructions by each step with a black permanent marker.
- Set out your refreshments.
- Set the mood and diffuse oils that will add to the feel of the party. For an uplifting vibe we recommend Joy or Bergamot. Play music that will complement your event.
- Prepare to say “thank you” to guests as they leave with a small take-home bag. You could include your business card with an essential oil sample, information about how to become a member, and a homemade treat made with essential oils. Set the bags out in a basket by your front door.
- Once guests have arrived, start the night by having everyone introduce themselves.
- Explain what you’ll be making, how to use the projects, and their benefits. Then start assembling the goodies!
- Ensure everyone leaves with a take-home package.
Step 5: Post Party
- For those interested, follow up with a class introducing Young Living products.
Stay tuned for an upcoming post for ideas to host a holiday gift make-and-take party!
Special thanks to Young Living member Nance Ciasca for her party expertise and tips.
Do you have any other tips for a smooth-sailing party? We’d love to hear them in the comments!
Are you familiar with Blue Cypress essential oil? Surprisingly, many of our members are not yet acquainted with this amazingly versatile oil. Let me introduce you!
Sometimes referred to as Blue Gold, Blue Cypress is a beautiful, cobalt blue and is the only naturally blue essential oil that comes from a tree. Other blue essential oils such as German Chamomile and Blue Tansy are from flowers. So distinctive and beloved is this tree’s aroma that it was chosen as the official fragrance of the Sydney 2000 Olympics.
Young Living’s Blue Cypress essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves and wood of the rare Northern Cypress Pine, native only to Australia’s Northern Territory. The scientific name of Blue Cypress, Callitris intratropica, is derived from the Greek calli (beautiful) and treis (three), which references the tree’s triangular leaves that are arranged in spirals of three.
Blue Cypress has been used for thousands of years by Australian aboriginal people in a variety of household and personal applications. Here are a few ways you can use Blue Cypress:
Support muscles. Blue Cypress is great to use post-workout. Just add a few drops to V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex, Ortho Ease® Massage Oil, or Ortho Sport® Massage Oil and rub it on muscles after physical workouts.
Moisturize skin. Blue Cypress has excellent beneficial properties for the skin. Use Blue Cypress alone or blend it with Sacred Frankincense, Lavender, and Royal Hawaiian™ Sandalwood essential oils and apply topically to hydrate the skin after time outside.
Soothe skin while shaving. Add a drop or two of Blue Cypress to shaving cream, soap, or aftershave to help prevent razor burn.
Use in household cleaning. Add Blue Cypress to Thieves® Household Cleaner for extra cleaning power or include it in a custom blend of Lemon and Clove essential oils mixed in water to create your own all-purpose cleaner for kitchens, bathrooms, desktops, and other surfaces.
In addition to these simple and effective uses, how do you use Blue Cypress essential oil?
—Heidi Jeanfreau, Young Living International and Portfolio Brand Manager
Ready for the back-to-school season? We’re excited to share with you a promotion that not only helps support your family’s wellness* this fall but also makes it both extra easy and extra rewarding to share! Here’s the bundle of shareable rewards we have ready for you:
Order 300 PV and get a 5-ml bottle of Raven™; a 10-pack each of Peppermint, Lavender, and Thieves® sample packets; a $20 enrollment voucher to give to a friend to offset the cost of joining Young Living; and a shareable 14-pack of NingXia Nitro.
Find full details about this promotion, why these products are fall must-haves, and how they can help build your business at YoungLiving.com. How do you plan to share Young Living with this offer? What are some of your favorite uses for Essential Oil Sample Packets? Leave your thoughts in the comments!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
We are kicking off the qualification period for our 2015 Global Leadership Cruise, and we want you to join us! Get ready to explore the Mediterranean coast while enjoying the luxury of the Royal Caribbean cruise line and networking with Young Living executives and top leaders!
So how can you prepare for this unforgettable experience from June 6–13, 2015? First, visit YoungLiving.com/Cruise to learn how to qualify. Second, pack your Young Living favorites for the relaxing Mediterranean adventure of a lifetime!
We think you’ll love bringing our brand-new Bon Voyage kit, which offers 10 popular travel-sized Young Living personal-care products, including Thieves® AromaBright™ Toothpaste, Lavender Shampoo and Conditioner, Morning Start™ Bath and Shower Gel, and much more in a custom-designed travel case!
How are you planning on qualifying for the cruise? Which cruise-friendly Young Living products are you planning on bringing? Share your thoughts in the comments!
“Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.” —Gloria Steinem
This year was my first time attending a Young Living convention, and it was inspiring to see how thousands of our members are building their dreams! They have begun their journeys by partnering with a company that goes above and beyond to help individuals discover profound and lasting transformations, support their health, and change lives around the world!
It’s fitting, then, that Build Your Dream™ was the best-selling essential oil blend at this year’s convention. Build Your Dream was formulated by D. Gary Young to celebrate Young Living’s 20-year journey of vision, determination, and progress. Each oil in this unique blend has a special connection to the story of Young Living, including Lavender, Sacred Frankincense™, Melissa, Blue Cypress, Hong Kuai, Idaho Blue Spruce, Ylang Ylang, Dream Catcher™, Believe™, and the rare Blue Lotus absolute oil.
Whatever your dream is—getting out of debt, finding needed answers to a life problem, or learning a new skill—Young Living’s new Build Your Dream 20th anniversary essential oil blend can help you achieve it by providing added clarity, confidence, peace, and focus.
Here are a couple ways to use Build Your Dream to help you succeed:
- Apply topically or diffuse it in the morning during prayer or meditation to open up intuition and strengthen enthusiasm.
- Wear it topically whenever needed to inspire confidence, clarity, and focus.
- Daub it on your neck or wrists before bed as you visualize and affirm your goals.
- Diffuse it to reduce feelings of mental fatigue and disconnection, to help support relaxation, and to create an atmosphere of peace.
What is your dream? Tell us about it in the comments below to be automatically entered to win a special 20th anniversary Build Your Dream kit!
Each kit includes a 5-ml Build Your Dream blend, a 20th anniversary pin, an 8-page pamphlet about the blend and Young Living’s history, and a 16-compartment mahogany oil holder box. These kits are available only while supplies last.
The winner will be selected randomly on Wednesday, July 16, and we’ll post it here on the blog. Good luck!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager