“Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.” —Gloria Steinem
This year was my first time attending a Young Living convention, and it was inspiring to see how thousands of our members are building their dreams! They have begun their journeys by partnering with a company that goes above and beyond to help individuals discover profound and lasting transformations, support their health, and change lives around the world!
It’s fitting, then, that Build Your Dream™ was the best-selling essential oil blend at this year’s convention. Build Your Dream was formulated by D. Gary Young to celebrate Young Living’s 20-year journey of vision, determination, and progress. Each oil in this unique blend has a special connection to the story of Young Living, including Lavender, Sacred Frankincense™, Melissa, Blue Cypress, Hong Kuai, Idaho Blue Spruce, Ylang Ylang, Dream Catcher™, Believe™, and the rare Blue Lotus absolute oil.
Whatever your dream is—getting out of debt, finding needed answers to a life problem, or learning a new skill—Young Living’s new Build Your Dream 20th anniversary essential oil blend can help you achieve it by providing added clarity, confidence, peace, and focus.
Here are a couple ways to use Build Your Dream to help you succeed:
- Apply topically or diffuse it in the morning during prayer or meditation to open up intuition and strengthen enthusiasm.
- Wear it topically whenever needed to inspire confidence, clarity, and focus.
- Daub it on your neck or wrists before bed as you visualize and affirm your goals.
- Diffuse it to reduce feelings of mental fatigue and disconnection, to help support relaxation, and to create an atmosphere of peace.
What is your dream? Tell us about it in the comments below to be automatically entered to win a special 20th anniversary Build Your Dream kit!
Each kit includes a 5-ml Build Your Dream blend, a 20th anniversary pin, an 8-page pamphlet about the blend and Young Living’s history, and a 16-compartment mahogany oil holder box. These kits are available only while supplies last.
The winner will be selected randomly on Wednesday, July 16, and we’ll post it here on the blog. Good luck!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager
For many, the prostate and the role it plays in the human body is a mystery. The prostate is a small gland, part of the male reproductive system, located near the bladder. Prostate gland enlargement, which can cause bladder problems and discomfort, affects nearly 50 percent of men by age 60.
In order to aid in supporting the prostate, Young Living created a vegetable-based herbal supplement called Prostate Health™. This meticulously crafted supplement delivers support for healthy prostate function, a functional urinary tract, and a healthy male glandular system.* How does it accomplish all this? By combining the benefits of these potent, natural ingredients:
- Geranium essential oil is known for its antioxidant and detoxification properties.
- Fennel essential oil contains high levels of anethol and is known to support multiple body systems.*
- Myrtle essential oil is used traditionally to support male glandular health.*
- Lavender essential oil contains linalool and is known as an adaptogen, which can assist the body when adapting to imbalances.*
- Peppermint essential oil is rich in menthol and has been used traditionally to aid in mental and physical fatigue.*
- Saw palmetto is native to the West Indies, is high in fatty acids and sterols, and contains an abundance of carotenoids, liases, tannis, and oleic acid.
- Pumpkin seed oil is a great source of phytosterols, one of the most abundant sources of squalene.
When combined with an active lifestyle and a well-balanced diet, Prostate Health is an excellent option for men looking to support healthy male systems.*
We know that some of you are anxious to use Prostate Health—so as a bonus, we are giving away five bottles! Please leave a comment with the top three words you would use to describe your father or man in your life who would benefit from this amazing product, and we will choose five for a free bottle!
—Blair Lloyd, Young Living International and Portfolio Brand Associate
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Everyone loves feeling appreciated, and Father’s Day is a great time to show the dads in your life that they are loved! Whether it’s your own dad, the father of your kids, or a special father figure, give a meaningful thank you to the father in your life with these must-have gift ideas.
The Gift of a Good Night’s Sleep
If he is the type that juggles a career, family, and social commitments (doesn’t everyone?), he has probably been sleep deprived since his firstborn came into the world. Sleeping soundly is one of the very best ways to rejuvenate your body and mind. Help him wind down and relax before bedtime by giving him an Aroma Diffuser with Peace & Calming®, RutaVaLa™, or Stress Away™ essential oil blends or make a custom blend of your own using Valerian, Lavender, and Roman Chamomile essential oils.
Foot Rubs and Massages
One of my fondest childhood memories is my dad waking me on Saturday mornings with a “wake-up” shoulder rub. A great way to give back is to give the gift of stress relief and relaxation through massage oils such as Ortho Ease®, Ortho Sport®, or Relaxation™. He can use them in a foot or back rub to help soothe sore muscles and melt away tension.
You can also give him some portable relaxation that’s easy to keep in his briefcase or desk: a Tranquil™ or RutaVaLa™ Roll-On. These are gifts that dad can apply to his sore shoulders or to the bottoms of his feet to help unwind and relax after a hard day’s work.
Please leave a comment below and share your ideas for essential oils gifts. Have a happy Father’s Day!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, Young Living International and Portfolio Brand Manager
Although stress is a natural mechanism designed to keep us prepared for challenges, most modern lifestyles add more daily stress than our bodies are made to handle. In fact, studies have shown that modern, everyday stresses, if left unchecked, can negatively impact our health! In the third part of my Relieving Stress series, I’ve included some additional suggestions to help you alleviate some of the stress in your life.
Beethoven said, “Music is the electrical soil in which the spirit lives, thinks, and invents.” Studies have shown that listening to classical music like Mozart can help your kid’s concentration during homework. Diffuse some of the following essential oils while listening to soothing music and you’ve created a sensory-nourishing environment for clarity and focus:
- Clarity™ clears you mind and restores mental alertness.
- Brain Power™ clarifies thought and gives greater focus.
- Common Sense™ boosts decision-making ability.
Essential Oil Roll-Ons
Use the new Aroma Diffuser or apply the following oils topically to help calm and uplift. You can even create your own blend of two or three oils to create a custom, stress-relieving effect.
- Roman Chamomile has calming and relaxing properties.
- Sandalwood encourages deeper meditation.
- Neroli encourages confidence, hopefulness, and peace.
- Lavender calms the mind and body.
- Cedarwood promotes relaxation, balance, and increased mental focus.
- Valerian was historically regarded for its calming properties.
- Ylang Ylang relaxes the mind and uplifts emotions.
Please leave a comment below and share how you use essential oils to help relieve stress in your life!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager
Because of the passion and dedication of our members, we have been able to spend the last 20 years sharing the precious gift of essential oils with the world. As our way of thanking you, for a short time each month this year, you can take advantage of a 20-percent discount on one of D. Gary and Mary Young’s favorite products. This month discover what our inspiring Highest Potential™ blend can do for you. For Tuesday and Wednesday only, you can enjoy an $8.22 savings on a 5-ml bottle of this unique blend.*
Featuring an aromatic combination of Ylang Ylang, Frankincense, Sandalwood, Lavender, Rose, and other precious essential oils, this blend is formulated to inspire you to expand your sense of purpose and achieve your full potential. Whether diffused, inhaled, or diluted and worn as a fragrance, Highest Potential can help you discover greater confidence, a more complete idea of your purpose, and a sense of harmony. Log in to Virtual Office on May 20 and 21 to enjoy this exclusive discount while it’s available!
Each month be sure to watch our Facebook page to find out what classic Young Living product will be featured in this 20th anniversary promotion! Remember: Each month during 2014 you can save 20 percent on some of our most popular products! What products are you hoping to see in this year-long anniversary promotion?
*Please note that the discount will reduce your PV for this item by 20 percent. If this reduction in PV will affect your commissions, please adjust your order accordingly. The discount also applies to Essential Rewards orders; however, orders using rewards points do not qualify for the discount. This discount applies to Young Living members and retail customers, and there is a limit of two bottles of Highest Potential per order.
2014 is Young Living’s 20th year of business, and we are excited to spend the entire year celebrating two decades of transforming lives with the world’s purest, most effective essential oils! We invite you to celebrate with us throughout 2014 with 20 percent off one of D. Gary and Mary Young’s favorite products on the 20th of each month. This month, on January 20 only, you can purchase Relaxation™ massage oil for 20 percent off!
With its proprietary blend of coconut, grape seed, sweet almond, and other skin-nourishing vegetable oils—and featuring a calming blend of essential oils such as Tangerine, Lavender, Spearmint, and Ylang Ylang—Relaxation massage oil can soothe away daily stress. Be sure to log in to Virtual Office on January 20 to enjoy this exclusive discount!
Each month, be sure to watch our Facebook page to find out what favorite Young Living product will be featured next in our 20th anniversary promotion!
Lavender is the most versatile of all essential oils and has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Lavender is also great for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet also has balancing properties.
Here are some tips on how to use Lavender essential oil from our product management team and Young Living distributors.
Tips from Young Living:
- Soothe minor burns by applying 2–3 drops to the affected area
- Rub on dry or chapped skin to moisturize the affected area
- Add a few drops to a cotton ball and place it in closets and drawers to scent linens and repel moths and insects
- Place a few drops on a wet cloth or dryer sheet to deodorize and freshen your laundry
- Rub a few drops onto your hand and spread over a pillow
- Diffuse Lavender essential oil to set the mood for a baby shower or social gathering
- Diffuse or inhale Lavender essential oil to calm your mind, body, and spirit after a hard day’s work
Tips from Young Living Facebook Fans:
“I keep a 2-oz. spray bottle with 11-13 drops Lavender/purified water mix next to my bed and spritz pillow and linens nightly!” —Virginia C., Star
“You can add a drop or two to hot water to make Lavender tea.” —Charles H., Distributor
“I diffuse Lavender every night for a great night’s rest.” —Eric H., Distributor
“We use it all the time! I put it on the kids after their shower to get ready for bed.” —Victoria B., Distributor
“I put it on a cotton ball and slip it between my pillow case and pillow.” – Patt F., Distributor
“I love putting a couple of drops on wool dryer balls to scent our clothes while they’re drying!” —Laura W., Star
“I put a few drops of Lavender essential oil in my bath water.” —Ede H., Distributor
During the hot summer months, the best way to protect your skin from sunburn is by applying sunscreen. (See our recent do-it-yourself blog post on how to create your own natural sunscreen with essential oils.) Sometimes, however, sunburns happen. Young Living offers many products to help relieve sunburn*, including LavaDerm™ Cooling Mist.
LavaDerm’s pure and carefully chosen ingredients—aloe, lavender, spikenard, and trace minerals—work in concert to reduce the uncomfortable symptoms of a sunburn. By having LavaDerm readily available, you can just point and spray to get sunburn relief* as quickly as possible.
You can also try using one of the following Young Living essential oils and do-it-yourself recipes for sunburn relief:
- 1 cup of white or apple cider vinegar
- Ice cubes
- Young Living Lavender essential oil
- Young Living Lavender Hand & Body Lotion
- Fill a sink or bath with cool water.
- Add ice cubes to the water if you are able to tolerate the temperature.
- Add 1 cup of white or apple cider vinegar.
- Immerse yourself for at least 10 minutes.
- Gently pat your skin dry.
- Apply undiluted Lavender essential over the burned area.
- Once the oil is absorbed in the skin, apply Young Living’s Lavender Hand & Body Lotion .
- Don’t apply too much Lavender essential oil. Simply cover the burned area.
- Do not bathe with bubbles or use soap. This can dry out and irritate the skin.
- Avoid actions that will worsen your symptoms, such as rubbing your skin dry with a towel.
Sunburn Relief for Children
Although parents typically protect their children from sunburns, many children do suffer from heat rash.
You can prevent heat rash by keeping your child’s skin dry and cool. It is also helpful to dress children in light clothing made from breathable fabric. When possible, expose your child’s skin to air. If you are unable to prevent heat rash, here is a do-it-yourself relief recipe for all ages:
Heat Rash Relief
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil
Children Ages 3–7
- ½ cup baking soda
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil
Children Ages 8–10
- ½ cup baking soda
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
Children Ages 11–18
- 1 cup baking soda
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
- Mix Lavender essential oil and baking soda together.
- Add mixture to a warm bath.
- If bathing a baby, make sure that the water reaches the folds of the skin.
- Once out of the bath, dry skin thoroughly and take care that your child’s folds of skin are kept dry.
Here are some practical tips on how to soothe the effects of specific types of sunburns with essential oils:
|Sunburned Eyelids||Apply tea bags soaked in cool water to help reduce swelling and soreness*.|
|Soreness||Chill Young Living Lavender Hand & Body Lotion in the refrigerator. It will counteract swelling and keep skin properly hydrated*.|
|Dryness and Peeling of Skin||Drink water and eat foods with high water content. A large watermelon wedge provides 9+ ounces of water, 1 cup of honeydew melon provides 5.4 ounces, and 1 cup of cantaloupe or beets provide 5.1 ounces.|
|Seek Medical Attention||Take care if you experience nausea, chills, fever, faintness, extensive blistering, general weakness, patches of purple discoloration, or intense itching when sunburned.|
Finally, here are a few more sensible tips for you to think about:
- UV rays penetrate windows. Use care when sitting in direct sunlight for extended periods of time, especially with a baby.
- If your legs and feet are swollen, elevate them above your heart.
- If soreness is preventing a good night’s sleep, try sleeping on an air mattress.
- Take extra sun precautions when the sun is at its strongest (from 10 a.m.–3 p.m. or 11 a.m.–4 p.m. for those states participating in Daylight Savings Time).
We hope these recipes and tips help you safely navigate through the summer months. As always, we invite you to share your ideas or recipes in the comments.
—Gloria Russo, YL Product Marketing Manager
Congratulations to our Thieves® AromaBright Toothpaste winners! Here are the names of the lucky winners selected from comments on a previous blog post:
Each of these people will receive a free tube of Thieves AromaBright Toothpaste! Keep reading our blog for more giveaways in the future.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Excitement is circling around the new sharing tool that was unveiled at this year’s International Grand Convention—the Essential Oil Sample Packs. Inside these packs, you will find 10 single-use samples of essential oils that were designed to add simplicity in sharing essential oils with neighbors, friends, family, or even that random stranger with whom you crossed paths. There is no limit to the possibilities of sharing Young Living essential oils and building your business!
No longer will you need to waste time tediously filling and labeling small glass bottle samples. All you have to do is carry the samples with you and find someone with whom to share Young Living—and with these samples at your fingertips, you will easily be able to share Young Living’s most popular oils.
Lemon—Lemon essential oil promotes clarity of thought and purpose with its invigorating and purifying citrus scent.*
- Opens and releases emotional blocks*
- Refreshes and stimulates the mind*
Lavender—The versatility of Lavender essential oil has many benefits that can be incorporated into a daily routine.*
- Calms, relaxes, and balances emotions*
- Soothes moisture-deprived skin*
Peppermint—Peppermint oil has an energizing menthol aroma that freshens and uplifts any area.*
- Provides a renewed feeling of vigor and vitality*
- Energizes for improved concentration*
Peace & Calming—Peace & Calming® is an all-natural blend that promotes a deep sense of relaxation and emotional well-being.*
- Evokes positive emotions*
- Helps enhance moments of meditation and self-reflection*
Thieves—Young Living’s proprietary Thieves® blend has been specially formulated to offer the immune system an added boost of support.*
- Neutralizes unwanted odors in the air*
- Safe, natural alternative to harsh chemicals and cleaners*
With endless sharing moments now at your disposal, please take this time to share how you have or will introduce Young Living to someone new. We will give away five Essential Oil Sample Packs (one of each variety) to randomly selected commenters who post by the end of the day on July 5.
—Marco Colindres III, Product Marketing Manager
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
April showers bring May flowers! Spring is also the time when insects and bugs begin to multiply at astounding levels and pester any early evening plans in the fresh air. If you’re anything like me, then you are also certain that mosquitoes and other biting insects are out to get you and may keep you indoors instead of enjoying the pleasant weather outside.
Bugs should not keep us from a walk around the park or neighborhood, a relaxing getaway at your favorite fishing hole, or enjoying a barbeque with family and friends. Before you get to the point of banishing yourself indoors, try this all-natural approach to a safe and hazard-free bug spray with 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils from the World Leader in Essential Oils®.
• Spray bottle, 8 oz.
• Distilled water, 4 oz.
• Unscented witch hazel, 4 oz.
• Thieves® essential oil blend
• Purification® essential oil blend
• Melaleuca alternifolia essential oil
• Citronella essential oil
• Lavender essential oil
• Lemon essential oil
• Peppermint essential oil
• Idaho tansy essential oil
• Fill an 8-oz. spray bottle with 4 oz. of distilled water
• Add 4 oz. of witch hazel
• Add 10 drops of Thieves, Purification, and Melaleuca alternifolia essential oils
• Add 5 drops of lemon, lavender, peppermint, Idaho tansy, and citronella essential oils
• Shake well before each use and spray a light layer on skin and clothing
This natural alternative to store-bought bug sprays will keep you free from chemicals and other unnatural ingredients—not to mention the pleasant aroma that will be with you as you enjoy the nature around you.
However, if by chance you find yourself outside without bug spray, Purification is an amazing after-bite reliever that minimizes itching and redness, so be sure to keep some handy wherever you go.
Please share your experience below. I would love to hear from you and get suggestions for other Young Living essential oils that you would use in your own bug spray.
—Marco Colindres III, YL Product Marketing Manager