2014 is Young Living’s 20th year of business, and we are excited to spend the entire year celebrating two decades of transforming lives with the world’s purest, most effective essential oils! We invite you to celebrate with us throughout 2014 with 20 percent off one of D. Gary and Mary Young’s favorite products on the 20th of each month. This month, on January 20 only, you can purchase Relaxation™ massage oil for 20 percent off!
With its proprietary blend of coconut, grape seed, sweet almond, and other skin-nourishing vegetable oils—and featuring a calming blend of essential oils such as Tangerine, Lavender, Spearmint, and Ylang Ylang—Relaxation massage oil can soothe away daily stress. Be sure to log in to Virtual Office on January 20 to enjoy this exclusive discount!
Each month, be sure to watch our Facebook page to find out what favorite Young Living product will be featured next in our 20th anniversary promotion!
Lavender is the most versatile of all essential oils and has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Lavender is also great for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet also has balancing properties.
Here are some tips on how to use Lavender essential oil from our product management team and Young Living distributors.
Tips from Young Living:
- Soothe minor burns by applying 2–3 drops to the affected area
- Rub on dry or chapped skin to moisturize the affected area
- Add a few drops to a cotton ball and place it in closets and drawers to scent linens and repel moths and insects
- Place a few drops on a wet cloth or dryer sheet to deodorize and freshen your laundry
- Rub a few drops onto your hand and spread over a pillow
- Diffuse Lavender essential oil to set the mood for a baby shower or social gathering
- Diffuse or inhale Lavender essential oil to calm your mind, body, and spirit after a hard day’s work
Tips from Young Living Facebook Fans:
“I keep a 2-oz. spray bottle with 11-13 drops Lavender/purified water mix next to my bed and spritz pillow and linens nightly!” —Virginia C., Star
“You can add a drop or two to hot water to make Lavender tea.” —Charles H., Distributor
“I diffuse Lavender every night for a great night’s rest.” —Eric H., Distributor
“We use it all the time! I put it on the kids after their shower to get ready for bed.” —Victoria B., Distributor
“I put it on a cotton ball and slip it between my pillow case and pillow.” – Patt F., Distributor
“I love putting a couple of drops on wool dryer balls to scent our clothes while they’re drying!” —Laura W., Star
“I put a few drops of Lavender essential oil in my bath water.” —Ede H., Distributor
During the hot summer months, the best way to protect your skin from sunburn is by applying sunscreen. (See our recent do-it-yourself blog post on how to create your own natural sunscreen with essential oils.) Sometimes, however, sunburns happen. Young Living offers many products to help relieve sunburn*, including LavaDerm™ Cooling Mist.
LavaDerm’s pure and carefully chosen ingredients—aloe, lavender, spikenard, and trace minerals—work in concert to reduce the uncomfortable symptoms of a sunburn. By having LavaDerm readily available, you can just point and spray to get sunburn relief* as quickly as possible.
You can also try using one of the following Young Living essential oils and do-it-yourself recipes for sunburn relief:
- 1 cup of white or apple cider vinegar
- Ice cubes
- Young Living Lavender essential oil
- Young Living Lavender Hand & Body Lotion
- Fill a sink or bath with cool water.
- Add ice cubes to the water if you are able to tolerate the temperature.
- Add 1 cup of white or apple cider vinegar.
- Immerse yourself for at least 10 minutes.
- Gently pat your skin dry.
- Apply undiluted Lavender essential over the burned area.
- Once the oil is absorbed in the skin, apply Young Living’s Lavender Hand & Body Lotion .
- Don’t apply too much Lavender essential oil. Simply cover the burned area.
- Do not bathe with bubbles or use soap. This can dry out and irritate the skin.
- Avoid actions that will worsen your symptoms, such as rubbing your skin dry with a towel.
Sunburn Relief for Children
Although parents typically protect their children from sunburns, many children do suffer from heat rash.
You can prevent heat rash by keeping your child’s skin dry and cool. It is also helpful to dress children in light clothing made from breathable fabric. When possible, expose your child’s skin to air. If you are unable to prevent heat rash, here is a do-it-yourself relief recipe for all ages:
Heat Rash Relief
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil
Children Ages 3–7
- ½ cup baking soda
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil
Children Ages 8–10
- ½ cup baking soda
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
Children Ages 11–18
- 1 cup baking soda
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
- Mix Lavender essential oil and baking soda together.
- Add mixture to a warm bath.
- If bathing a baby, make sure that the water reaches the folds of the skin.
- Once out of the bath, dry skin thoroughly and take care that your child’s folds of skin are kept dry.
Here are some practical tips on how to soothe the effects of specific types of sunburns with essential oils:
|Sunburned Eyelids||Apply tea bags soaked in cool water to help reduce swelling and soreness*.|
|Soreness||Chill Young Living Lavender Hand & Body Lotion in the refrigerator. It will counteract swelling and keep skin properly hydrated*.|
|Dryness and Peeling of Skin||Drink water and eat foods with high water content. A large watermelon wedge provides 9+ ounces of water, 1 cup of honeydew melon provides 5.4 ounces, and 1 cup of cantaloupe or beets provide 5.1 ounces.|
|Seek Medical Attention||Take care if you experience nausea, chills, fever, faintness, extensive blistering, general weakness, patches of purple discoloration, or intense itching when sunburned.|
Finally, here are a few more sensible tips for you to think about:
- UV rays penetrate windows. Use care when sitting in direct sunlight for extended periods of time, especially with a baby.
- If your legs and feet are swollen, elevate them above your heart.
- If soreness is preventing a good night’s sleep, try sleeping on an air mattress.
- Take extra sun precautions when the sun is at its strongest (from 10 a.m.–3 p.m. or 11 a.m.–4 p.m. for those states participating in Daylight Savings Time).
We hope these recipes and tips help you safely navigate through the summer months. As always, we invite you to share your ideas or recipes in the comments.
—Gloria Russo, YL Product Marketing Manager
Congratulations to our Thieves® AromaBright Toothpaste winners! Here are the names of the lucky winners selected from comments on a previous blog post:
Each of these people will receive a free tube of Thieves AromaBright Toothpaste! Keep reading our blog for more giveaways in the future.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Excitement is circling around the new sharing tool that was unveiled at this year’s International Grand Convention—the Essential Oil Sample Packs. Inside these packs, you will find 10 single-use samples of essential oils that were designed to add simplicity in sharing essential oils with neighbors, friends, family, or even that random stranger with whom you crossed paths. There is no limit to the possibilities of sharing Young Living essential oils and building your business!
No longer will you need to waste time tediously filling and labeling small glass bottle samples. All you have to do is carry the samples with you and find someone with whom to share Young Living—and with these samples at your fingertips, you will easily be able to share Young Living’s most popular oils.
Lemon—Lemon essential oil promotes clarity of thought and purpose with its invigorating and purifying citrus scent.*
- Opens and releases emotional blocks*
- Refreshes and stimulates the mind*
Lavender—The versatility of Lavender essential oil has many benefits that can be incorporated into a daily routine.*
- Calms, relaxes, and balances emotions*
- Soothes moisture-deprived skin*
Peppermint—Peppermint oil has an energizing menthol aroma that freshens and uplifts any area.*
- Provides a renewed feeling of vigor and vitality*
- Energizes for improved concentration*
Peace & Calming—Peace & Calming® is an all-natural blend that promotes a deep sense of relaxation and emotional well-being.*
- Evokes positive emotions*
- Helps enhance moments of meditation and self-reflection*
Thieves—Young Living’s proprietary Thieves® blend has been specially formulated to offer the immune system an added boost of support.*
- Neutralizes unwanted odors in the air*
- Safe, natural alternative to harsh chemicals and cleaners*
With endless sharing moments now at your disposal, please take this time to share how you have or will introduce Young Living to someone new. We will give away five Essential Oil Sample Packs (one of each variety) to randomly selected commenters who post by the end of the day on July 5.
—Marco Colindres III, Product Marketing Manager
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
April showers bring May flowers! Spring is also the time when insects and bugs begin to multiply at astounding levels and pester any early evening plans in the fresh air. If you’re anything like me, then you are also certain that mosquitoes and other biting insects are out to get you and may keep you indoors instead of enjoying the pleasant weather outside.
Bugs should not keep us from a walk around the park or neighborhood, a relaxing getaway at your favorite fishing hole, or enjoying a barbeque with family and friends. Before you get to the point of banishing yourself indoors, try this all-natural approach to a safe and hazard-free bug spray with 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils from the World Leader in Essential Oils®.
• Spray bottle, 8 oz.
• Distilled water, 4 oz.
• Unscented witch hazel, 4 oz.
• Thieves® essential oil blend
• Purification® essential oil blend
• Melaleuca alternifolia essential oil
• Citronella essential oil
• Lavender essential oil
• Lemon essential oil
• Peppermint essential oil
• Idaho tansy essential oil
• Fill an 8-oz. spray bottle with 4 oz. of distilled water
• Add 4 oz. of witch hazel
• Add 10 drops of Thieves, Purification, and Melaleuca alternifolia essential oils
• Add 5 drops of lemon, lavender, peppermint, Idaho tansy, and citronella essential oils
• Shake well before each use and spray a light layer on skin and clothing
This natural alternative to store-bought bug sprays will keep you free from chemicals and other unnatural ingredients—not to mention the pleasant aroma that will be with you as you enjoy the nature around you.
However, if by chance you find yourself outside without bug spray, Purification is an amazing after-bite reliever that minimizes itching and redness, so be sure to keep some handy wherever you go.
Please share your experience below. I would love to hear from you and get suggestions for other Young Living essential oils that you would use in your own bug spray.
—Marco Colindres III, YL Product Marketing Manager
In part 1 of this blog entry, we discussed different models of using essential oils and finding the model that best fits your needs. Your situation and desired result will determine the essential oil and application method you choose. However, the simplest way to use an essential oil is to put a few drops in your hands (dilute if necessary), rub clockwise a few times, inhale, and then apply to your neck, feet, or other desired location.
Here is a list of a few of Young Living’s most popular essential oils and blends, along with some ideas on how to incorporate them into everyday situations.
Lavender: Lavender is a safe and effective oil to use in a variety of situations. You may use lavender as an insect deterrent, room freshener, to support relaxation, eliminate pet odors, refresh linens, add to food or beverages, add to a bath, or add a few drops to your favorite shampoo or bath gel. Lavender is also great for travel and may aid in relieving occasional nervous tension.
Lemon, Orange, Grapefruit, and Tangerine: Citrus oils are very uplifting to the body, mind, and spirit. Add your favorite to a bottle of distilled water and spray to freshen any room or environment. These amazing oils may also be used to create a refreshing citrus lemonade. Squeeze the juice of each fruit—lemon, orange, grapefruit, and tangerine—and add a drop of the individual oils according to preference.
Peppermint: Excellent for supporting already normal digestion, peppermint is soothing to fatigued muscles and may be used to create feelings of alertness and energy. Combine this versatile oil with lavender or other essential oils for a relaxing massage or add peppermint to Epsom salt for a soothing foot bath. Peppermint is also a great deterrent for insects and pests.
Thieves®: Containing clove, cinnamon, lemon, rosemary, and eucalyptus, Thieves is an amazing blend that may be diffused to eliminate unsavory smells at home or work. Rub Thieves on your feet to calm the body and support a normally functioning immune system. You may also combine 10–15 drops of Thieves in a bottle of distilled water to use when cleaning.
Valor®: Use this oil blend topically to eliminate negative emotions and to soothe your mind when feeling angry. Valor strengthens the mind and promotes emotional restraint and self-control.
Joy™: Wear a drop of Joy behind your ears to create positive energy. Diffuse this blend to uplift emotions or relieve feelings of frustration or sadness. You may use Joy as a deodorant, on a terra-cotta necklace, on a cotton ball in air vents or in linen drawers, or massage on areas of the body to support already normal circulation. You may also use this blend to make nontoxic dryer sheets or add Joy to Epsom salt and create a warm and peaceful bath.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to using essential oils each day. Whether you are using tried-and-true methods or are creating new ways to experience their benefits, just open the bottle and begin!
—Alyssa Bailey, YL Associate Product Manager
The Young Living product development team is excited to announce that the proprietary blend of Stress Away™ is now available in a 15-ml bottle. Why, you ask? Because the therapeutic benefits in Stress Away expand beyond its traditional use of topical application.
With the new 15-ml bottle, the rigors of daily activities can be soothed with the unique, stress-relieving combination of pure, therapeutic-grade lime and vanilla essential oils through your diffuser or internal consumption as a dietary supplement. These new options with Stress Away allow the constituents in these oils—along with the benefits of lavender and copaiba—to reduce mental rigidity and restore mental balance.
So the next time you’re hosting a dinner party or meeting, diffuse Stress Away to calm your nerves or add a drop or two into water or a clear vegetable capsule and drink it to calm your anxiety.
The traditional application of Stress Away to your wrists or the back of your neck is still an effective way to ease anxiety. Whatever the situation may be, this natural solution is created to combat the normal stresses that creep into everyday life.
The proprietary blend of Stress Away includes:
Copaiba (Copaifera reticulata)—Copaiba is a powerful essential oil from South America that has traditionally been used internally to aid digestion* and support the body’s natural response to injury or irritation.*
Lime (Citrus aurantifolia)—Lime essential oil has an invigorating and stimulating effect and is believed to be native of eastern Malaysia. The pleasant citrus aroma of lime may help mental clarity and encourage creativity. When applied to the skin, lime oil may also support healthy skin.
Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica)—Cedarwood has a warm, balsamic, woody aroma. It is relaxing and soothing when used for massage and has long been used as a beneficial ingredient in cosmetic preparations for oily skin.
Vanilla (Vanilla planifolia)—This variety of vanilla is a species of the vanilla orchid that is native to Mexico and is one of the primary sources for vanilla flavoring, due to its high vanillin content.
Ocotea (Ocotea quixos)—Extracted from an Ecuadorian tree, ocotea has the highest level of alpha humulene of any Young Living essential oil, which is a compound that helps aid the body’s natural response to irritation and injury.* Ocotea also has natural cleansing and purifying properties.
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)—Lavender has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it. Lavender is also an adaptogen and can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances.
Comment and share your experiences with Stress Away or your thoughts on the new 15-ml bottle by Friday for the opportunity to win one of two bottles of Stress Away essential oil blend!
Marco Colindres III—YL Product Marketing Manager
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
With less than two weeks left until Christmas, it’s time to take care of your last-minute holiday shopping with our Seasonal Essentials 2012 catalog! It features several new Young Living products, unique and discounted product bundles, and limited-time offers. Browse through the catalog today to find the perfect gifts and stocking stuffers for your family and friends.
One of our most popular products featured in the catalog is the new NingXia Red®, which is now infused with seven times more essential oils. We launched the reformulation of this product in October and experienced our biggest sales month in Young Living history. NingXia Red is a delicious, natural, whole-body nutrient infusion, and we’re confident that your family and friends will love its taste and benefits.
Along with NingXia Red, the following product bundles are perfect for gift-giving:
- A·R·T® Gift Collection: This collection includes our new A·R·T Beauty Masque and A·R·T Renewal Serum, which are perfect additions to anyone’s skin-care regimen.
- Slique™ Collection: The Slique Collection features our revolutionary Slique Slim Caps and Slique Gum, which are easy to take on the go and share with others. When combined with diet and exercise, this collection can also help you achieve and maintain your weight-management goals.
- Holiday Mini Kits: Share the power of essential oils with our holiday mini kits! You can choose from our Healthy Home Mini Kit (Thieves®, Purification®, and R.C.™), Relaxation Mini Kit (Idaho blue spruce, Peace & Calming®, and Sacred Mountain™), and the Spirit of the Season Mini Kit (The Gift™, balsam fir, and orange). Each kit contains three powerful essential oils in a festive holiday gift box.
The catalog also features several stocking stuffer ideas, including:
- Holiday Comfort Collection: This collection features three of our most popular roll-on products: Deep Relief™, Stress Away™, and Breathe Again™. Distributors love these products because they give you the power of essential oils with the portable convenience of roll-on application.
- Lip Balm Collection: Fill your Christmas stockings with this essential oil-infused collection, which includes our Cinnamint Lip Balm, Grapefruit Lip Balm, and Lavender Lip Balm.
- Evergreen Essence™ and Sacred Angel™: Our Evergreen Essence and Sacred Angel essential oil blends are only available for a limited time. Stock up on these amazing oils formulated especially for the holiday season!
Happy shopping! Be sure to also check out our Facebook page from now until Sunday, December 16, to enter to win some of our most popular products featured in our holiday catalog!
—Jared Preusz, YL Social Media Specialist
Let’s face it: The fall and winter months can feel like the most hectic time of the year. We are bombarded with planning and preparing for events and activities surrounding Thanksgiving and Christmas, which can lead to increased stress and tension. Over the years, Young Living has created a mix of soothing oils that clear the mind and relax emotions, allowing us to get through these busy months with ease, grace, and comfort. Here are some easy-to-use oils that will help you better enjoy this holiday season.
1. Peace & Calming essential oil blend—One of Young Living’s most popular oil blends, Peace & Calming’s citrus combination provides a relaxing sense of peace throughout your entire home.
2. Lavender essential oil—Lavender oil’s sweet, floral aroma is both soothing and refreshing. Lavender can also assist the body in adapting to the stresses of a busy holiday. Simply rub a few drops on your wrists to release tension and balance your body.
3. Brain Power essential oil blend—Apply Brain Power to the top of your head to remove sluggish feelings, kick-start your thought processes, and focus your mind.
Yes, the fall and winter months bring their own challenges, but they also provide for many cherished moments. By using these amazing Young Living essential oils, you will allow yourself to focus more on the wonderful experiences that are sure to await you this season.
Peace be with you,
Lavender essential oil—revered for centuries for its calming, relaxing, and balancing properties—is a key ingredient in many of Young Living’s products. Our Lavender Signature Series features some of our most popular lavender-infused products and is now being expanded to include shampoo and conditioner.
We are excited to announce the availability of Lavender Shampoo and Conditioner, which contain our classic formula of uniquely blended botanical extracts, vitamins, and lavender essential oil. These premium products gently cleanse and nourish hair to keep your tresses at their healthy best.
Young Living’s Lavender Signature Series also include the following products:
- Lavender Essential Oil—With its balancing properties that can boost stamina and energy, lavender’s soothing and refreshing aroma aids the body when adapting to stress or imbalance.
- Lavender Bath & Shower Gel—Whether you decide to soak in lavender-scented bubbles or cleanse with a lavender-enriched shower, Lavender Bath & Shower Gel will clean and rejuvenate your skin while calming and relaxing your mind.
- Lavender Hand & Body Lotion—Follow up your bath with Lavender Hand & Body Lotion to hydrate, moisturize, and protect your skin while relaxing your body.
- Lavender Foaming Hand Soap—Infused with lavender essential oil, vitamin E, and aloe to clean and condition your hands without drying or irritation.
- LavaDerm Cooling Mist™ – Relieve your stressed skin with a blend of gentle, soothing ingredients including lavender essential oil and aloe vera.
- Lavender-Rosewood Moisturizing Soap – Nourish, soothe, and soften your skin as you cleanse with all-natural ingredients of aloe vera, jojoba oil, and lavender essential oil.
- Lavender Lip Balm—Repair and moisturize your lips with the nourishing blend of lavender essential oil, jojoba oil, and vitamin E.
Using any combination of Lavender Signature Series products daily is a great way to clean and protect your skin with the nourishing benefits of lavender. Visit the individual product pages to learn more about the products available in this line.
Be sure to tell us which Lavender Signature Series products you are using! Leave your favorite lavender tips in the comments section below.
—Ryan Seely, YL Product Marketing Manager