Mention the word “frankincense” to anyone, and their first thoughts will be of the holiday season. We want to help you welcome the spirit of the season into your home and establish a treasured new tradition with a frankincense essential oil two-pack, plus other fantastic business-building rewards!
Hit 300 PV in a single order during November and we’ll give you free 5-ml Frankincense and 5-ml Sacred Frankincense essential oils—perfect for establishing a spiritually uplifted environment in your home—plus a $20 enrollment coupon and 50 Drive to Win points! Order 250 PV to earn the essential oils and the enrollment coupon; order 190 PV and earn the essential oils.
Learn more about the fantastic rewards you can earn in our November promotion:
Frankincense essential oil can become your next cherished family tradition. Its woodsy, sweet aroma can help create an environment of positivity and deepen meditation. Applied topically, it can promote a glowing, youthful-looking complexion.
With a slightly sweeter, more complex aroma than Frankincense essential oil, Sacred Frankincense is a rare essential oil distilled from the Boswellia sacra tree. Try applying Sacred Frankincense to temples, wrists, and neck during yoga, meditation, or prayer for a spiritually uplifting boost.
Our transferrable $20 enrollment coupon is an ideal tool for sharing Young Living and bringing new energy to your organization. You can find the coupon code on your qualifying 250 or 300 PV order invoice, which you may then give to an enrolling distributor.
A first-of-its-kind promotion, Drive to Win allows you to earn points toward winning fantastic prizes for your sharing efforts! You must earn a minimum of 1,000 points during the promotion period to qualify to win. This reward will get you 50 points closer to a new Mercedes-Benz C-Class, $10,000 or $5,000 cash, or an unforgettable trip to Hawaii! Click here to find all the details about this promotion.
During the hot summer months, the best way to protect your skin from sunburn is by applying sunscreen. (See our recent do-it-yourself blog post on how to create your own natural sunscreen with essential oils.) Sometimes, however, sunburns happen. Young Living offers many products to help relieve sunburn*, including LavaDerm™ Cooling Mist.
LavaDerm’s pure and carefully chosen ingredients—aloe, lavender, spikenard, and trace minerals—work in concert to reduce the uncomfortable symptoms of a sunburn. By having LavaDerm readily available, you can just point and spray to get sunburn relief* as quickly as possible.
You can also try using one of the following Young Living essential oils and do-it-yourself recipes for sunburn relief:
- 1 cup of white or apple cider vinegar
- Ice cubes
- Young Living Lavender essential oil
- Young Living Lavender Hand & Body Lotion
- Fill a sink or bath with cool water.
- Add ice cubes to the water if you are able to tolerate the temperature.
- Add 1 cup of white or apple cider vinegar.
- Immerse yourself for at least 10 minutes.
- Gently pat your skin dry.
- Apply undiluted Lavender essential over the burned area.
- Once the oil is absorbed in the skin, apply Young Living’s Lavender Hand & Body Lotion .
- Don’t apply too much Lavender essential oil. Simply cover the burned area.
- Do not bathe with bubbles or use soap. This can dry out and irritate the skin.
- Avoid actions that will worsen your symptoms, such as rubbing your skin dry with a towel.
Sunburn Relief for Children
Although parents typically protect their children from sunburns, many children do suffer from heat rash.
You can prevent heat rash by keeping your child’s skin dry and cool. It is also helpful to dress children in light clothing made from breathable fabric. When possible, expose your child’s skin to air. If you are unable to prevent heat rash, here is a do-it-yourself relief recipe for all ages:
Heat Rash Relief
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil
Children Ages 3–7
- ½ cup baking soda
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil
Children Ages 8–10
- ½ cup baking soda
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
Children Ages 11–18
- 1 cup baking soda
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
- Mix Lavender essential oil and baking soda together.
- Add mixture to a warm bath.
- If bathing a baby, make sure that the water reaches the folds of the skin.
- Once out of the bath, dry skin thoroughly and take care that your child’s folds of skin are kept dry.
Here are some practical tips on how to soothe the effects of specific types of sunburns with essential oils:
|Sunburned Eyelids||Apply tea bags soaked in cool water to help reduce swelling and soreness*.|
|Soreness||Chill Young Living Lavender Hand & Body Lotion in the refrigerator. It will counteract swelling and keep skin properly hydrated*.|
|Dryness and Peeling of Skin||Drink water and eat foods with high water content. A large watermelon wedge provides 9+ ounces of water, 1 cup of honeydew melon provides 5.4 ounces, and 1 cup of cantaloupe or beets provide 5.1 ounces.|
|Seek Medical Attention||Take care if you experience nausea, chills, fever, faintness, extensive blistering, general weakness, patches of purple discoloration, or intense itching when sunburned.|
Finally, here are a few more sensible tips for you to think about:
- UV rays penetrate windows. Use care when sitting in direct sunlight for extended periods of time, especially with a baby.
- If your legs and feet are swollen, elevate them above your heart.
- If soreness is preventing a good night’s sleep, try sleeping on an air mattress.
- Take extra sun precautions when the sun is at its strongest (from 10 a.m.–3 p.m. or 11 a.m.–4 p.m. for those states participating in Daylight Savings Time).
We hope these recipes and tips help you safely navigate through the summer months. As always, we invite you to share your ideas or recipes in the comments.
—Gloria Russo, YL Product Marketing Manager
Congratulations to our Thieves® AromaBright Toothpaste winners! Here are the names of the lucky winners selected from comments on a previous blog post:
Each of these people will receive a free tube of Thieves AromaBright Toothpaste! Keep reading our blog for more giveaways in the future.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
For thousands of years, different cultures have chewed a variation of gum-like substances. The Greeks chewed mastic tree sap; Mayans used sapodilla tree sap; Native Americans preferred spruce sap; and ancient Middle Eastern travelers used frankincense oleoresin. Although there are many reasons to chew gum, some of the most interesting (at least to me) include to promote oral health and to help control appetite.
Frankincense oleoresin was traditionally chewed by ancient Middle Eastern travelers during long journeys when days were long and food was scarce. These days, you will often see contestants on NBC’s The Biggest Loser chewing gum. In fact, according to the National Institutes of Health, the simple act of chewing distracts your mouth and prevents cravings. The effect that chewing gum has on cravings and hunger management is also the subject of many current studies.
So how does chewing gum improve oral health? As we eat, acids are created in the mouth as food is broken down. Over time these acids have the potential to break down tooth enamel, which can lead to additional oral issues. According to the American Dental Association (ADA), chewing gum triggers the production of saliva that washes away or dilutes these acids. Clinical studies show that after a minimum of 20 minutes of chewing, optimal oral benefits are reached.
Slique™ Gum combines pure, natural frankincense chewing resin, peppermint and spearmint essential oils, and xylitol into a one-of-a-kind chewing experience. The gum base is free of synthetic material and is cold pressed to preserve the benefits that ancient caravan travelers enjoyed. Personally, I like to spice my gum up a little by adding 1–2 drops of Slique Essence prior to chewing. This adds additional flavor and a hint of sweetness. It also adds additional Slique benefits. It should be noted, however, that adding any type of citrus oil to the gum modifies the gum consistency and may alter the chewing experience.
Suggestions for using Slique Gum
- Chew while cooking to prevent nibbling
- Use after a meal to improve oral health
- Keep a pack in your purse or briefcase to help resist high-calorie temptations
- Chew between meals to control cravings and avoid mindless snacking
Have you tried Slique Gum? Now is your opportunity! We will randomly select 10 people who leave a comment with their thoughts on this all-natural gum to receive a free three pack. Good luck!
—Ryan Seely, YL Product Marketing Manager