With all of the uncertainty in the world today, one thing you can always count on is flu season. Every year, as the days become shorter and colder, more and more individuals come down with flu-like symptoms. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, flu season can start as early as October, with its peak coming in January and February.
The CDC recommends the following six steps for preventing the flu:
- Avoid close contact with others.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Practice other good health habits.
Notice how the first five recommendations are straight forward, while the last is a little vague. I would like to recommend a few ways to “practice other good health habits” using Young Living products.
- Keep germs out—I keep a bottle of Thieves® Waterless Hand Purifier by the front door. Anyone who enters my home quickly learns that they need to sanitize upon entering.
- Protect from the inside out—Although not common knowledge, the digestive system is one of the body’s first lines of defense against disease. Using Young Living’s Life 5™ probiotic supports a healthy immune system by delivering billions of beneficial bacteria strains. Inner Defense™ and NingXia Red® are also great options for those looking to support the immune system with pure essential oils.
- Overcoming sickness—If you are unable to avoid getting sick, may I suggest ImmuPro™ and Thieves essential oil blend. I like to apply Thieves to the soles of my feet and add ImmuPro to my nightly regimen to provide my body the support it needs.
Although not rocket science, I’ve found that these natural suggestions help protect my home during the dreaded flu season. Please share your secrets to staying healthy during this time of year!
—Ryan Seely, YL Associate Product Manager