Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for the bountiful harvest that we have been given. What better way to show appreciation than to choose to feed our bodies with wholesome ingredients that heal and promote wellness. I love serving this traditional delight during the celebration to see the surprise on family and friends’ faces when they discover they are eating RAW pumpkin pie.
Eating healthy traditional fare will encourage outdoor physical activities, like enjoying a crisp fall walk or a game of family football. A balanced lifestyle should continue throughout the holiday months to keep from emotional and physical crashes. I can remember the crazy sugary concoctions made from processed unhealthy canned ingredients, like the Gooey Snicker Pie made from snicker candy bars…ugh! Try this delicious version of pumpkin pie infused with Young Living Therapeutic Oils and feel great.
Until next post….Tangerine Pomegranate Vinaigrette, Persimmon Holiday Greens, Clove Cinnamon Seeds
Cinnamon Cranberry Pecan Crust
Makes 2 cups
1. 2 cups pecans, soaked and dried
2. 1 cup dried cranberries, fruit sweetened
3. 1 Tablespoon grade B pure maple syrup
4. Pinch Himalayan salt
5. 1 drop Young Living cinnamon bark essential oil
Process pecans and cranberries in a food processor until meal texture. Add remaining ingredients and pulse chop. Do not overprocess to avoid turning the mixture into butter. Press mixture into a 10 inch spring form pan. Crust can go up on the sides in a rudimentary fashion. Keep thickness even throughout.Set aside or freeze until ready to fill with Nutmeg Pumpkin Pie Filling.
Nutmeg Pumpkin Pie Filling
1. 3 1/2 cups chopped pumpkin, small pie variety
2. 2 packed cups young coconut meat
3. 12 soft Medjoul dates, pitted
4. 1 cup grade B pure maple syrup
5. 1/2 cup raw virgin coconut oil
6. 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
7. 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt
8. 3 drops Young Living nutmeg essential oil
9. 2 drops Young Living cinnamon bark essential oil
10. 1 drop Young Living ginger essential oil
To avoid difficulty when blending large amounts, this recipe will be made in two batches.Blend half of the ingredients in a high-speed blender until creamy. Remove to a bowl. Repeat for second batch with remaining ingredients. Combine both halves and mix well. Pour into the Cinnamon Cranberry Pecan Crust and gently tap spring form pan several times to remove any air bubbles and to flatten the top of the pie. Cover and freeze to solidify. Remove from the freezer and spring form. Slice and serve with Lemon Cool Whip.
Lemon Cool Whip
Makes 2 cups
1. 1 packed cup young coconut meat
2. 1 cup soaked cashews
3. 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
4. 1/2 cup coconut water
5. 1/4 cup grade B pure maple syrup
6. 1 teaspoon vanilla
7. 4 drops Young Living lemon essential oil
8. Pinch Himalayan salt
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until creamy. Freeze to firm. Top Nutmeg Pumpkin Pie when ready to serve.
Tags: blend, Chef Mandy, cinnamon, Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil, Clove Cinnamon Seeds, drop, essential oil, Essential Oils, Ginger Essential Oil, Gooey Snicker Pie, Happy Eating, INSTRUCTIONS, lemon, Lemon Cool Whip, Lemon essential oil, Nutmeg Essential Oil, oil, Persimmon Holiday Greens, Pinch Himalayan, RAW, recipe, Tangerine Pomegranate Vinaigrette, Thanksgiving, time, water, Young, Young Living, Young Living Essential Oils