Between a busy lifestyle and the quick availability of sweet and fizzy beverage options, getting enough water each day isn’t always easy; but it is important.
Experts in fields from beauty to medicine agree that hydration’s role in proper physical function cannot be overstated. According to the Mayo Clinic, your daily activities, such as breathing and sweating, deplete your hydration, making a fluid intake of 13 cups for men and 9 cups for women crucial—more if you are exercising or live in a hot climate.
Not in the habit of drinking enough? With a custom glass water bottle and your favorite sweet essential oils, you’ll love meeting your daily goal! Check out our fun, easy DIY instructions below for etching a personalized design on your water bottle. Almost all of the necessary supplies should be available at your local crafts store.
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
- Glass water bottle: Do not use plastic, as some essential oils may erode the material
- Adhesive stencils: Find alphabet and decorative designs at craft stores or create your own design using clear laminate paper and a trimming knife or vinyl cutter.
- Painter’s tape
- Glass etching cream
- Cotton balls
- Rubber gloves
- Rubbing alcohol
Step 2: Etch Your Water Bottle
- Work in a well-ventilated area and wear an old, long-sleeved shirt and rubber gloves.
- Wash and dry your water bottle; then wipe it thoroughly with rubbing alcohol.
- Carefully place your adhesive stencil designs, making sure to smooth out any air pockets.
- If desired, use painter’s tape to line the edges of your stencil and cover any areas you don’t want frosted.
- Shake the etching cream to combine contents and pour some onto a disposable plate.
- Wearing gloves and using your brush or sponge, apply a smooth, thick layer of etching cream to the stenciled area.
- Let sit for 5–15 minutes, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Rinse off the etching cream with water in a stainless steel sink, using the brush to remove excess etching cream. Be sure not to use a porcelain sink.
- Remove stencils and dry with a cotton ball. Wash the bottle with soap and water before use.
Step 3: Drink Up!
What are your creative ways you ensure you’re drinking enough water? What are some of your favorite essential oils to add to water? Share your ideas in the comments!
Living well means enjoying all the best, most rewarding things. Want more with your March order? We want to give you extra rewards on top of all the great Young Living products arriving on your doorstep!
Earn a free 5-ml Marjoram essential oil, plus a $20 enrollment coupon and Ortho Ease® massage oil with your qualifying standard March order. With a qualifying Essential Rewards order of 190 PV or above, you’ll also earn a bonus 5-ml Idaho Balsam Fir essential oil!
Want to enjoy Marjoram and Idaho Balsam Fir more than ever? Here are a couple ideas for these must-have essential oils:
- Marjoram is a perennial herb with sweet pine and citrus flavors, recognized by many as a culinary spice. Substitute 1 drop Marjoram essential oil per tablespoon of dried or fresh marjoram called for in recipes. If less is called for, dip a toothpick in the drop reducer of the essential oil bottle and swirl the saturated end through the recipe’s liquid ingredients.
Infuse a bottle of extra virgin olive oil with herbs and a few drops of Marjoram essential oil to make a fantastic salad dressing, a drizzle over pasta dishes, a dip for artisan bread, or a marinade for your favorite meats and vegetables.
- Distilled from the needles of the Idaho balsam fir trees on our Highland Flats tree farm, the woodsy aroma of Idaho Balsam Fir essential oil has a rejuvenating effect on the spirit and mind. Its herbaceous aroma is often used to calm and ground. To enjoy the uplifting and rejuvenating aroma of Idaho Balsam Fir, diffuse this essential oil in your home, bedroom, or workplace. Create a sense of confidence by wearing Idaho Balsam Fir on the temples, neck, or wrists as an empowering fragrance.
How would you use the free Marjoram and Idaho Balsam Fir essential oils in your qualifying March order? Let us know in the comments!
We know essential oils are a wellness must-have in your home, but what about your spice cabinet? This month you can get free essential oils with your qualifying Essential Rewards order that fit right in next to the paprika and cumin: 5-ml Thyme and Taste of Italy, a February promo-exclusive blend combining Basil and five varieties of Oregano essential oil. Your qualifying order can also earn you Lavender Hand & Body Lotion and 30 Essential Rewards points!
Taste of Italy is available only with this promotion, so how can you make the most of this limited-time culinary must-have? Check out this recipe for a delicious twist on fresh, homemade pesto sauce:
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 bunch fresh oregano or parsley
- 4 oz. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz. freshly peeled garlic
- 2 drops Taste of Italy essential oil blend
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- 2 oz. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 oz. walnuts (or your preference of seeds or nuts)
Combine the basil, oregano or parsley, extra virgin olive oil, and garlic in a blender or food processor. Add Taste of Italy, lemon juice, sea salt, and ground pepper and process until fine. Finish by adding Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and nuts and processing thoroughly. Pesto will keep refrigerated in a sealed container for up to five days.
Which of your favorite recipes could use a savory kick from Thyme and Taste of Italy? Let us know in the comments!
For full promotion details, visit YoungLiving.com.
Every afternoon during the school year, kids rush home and raid the kitchen in search of an afternoon snack. If parents aren’t careful, these snacks could fill their kids up with processed ingredients with little nutritional value.
Instead, here’s an alternative that combines the delicious and wholesome benefits of fruit, essential oils, and Ecuadorian Dark Chocolessence™! Different from standard chocolate, Ecuadorian Dark Chocolessence contains 70 percent cacao and offers high amounts of beneficial flavonoids. This snack is customizable, so you can adapt it for almost any age and even your pickiest eater!
- 4 bars Ecuadorian Dark Chocolessence, chopped
- 2 teaspoons organic coconut oil
- A 2–4 drops of a tasty essential oil, such as Peppermint or Orange (optional)
- Sliced fruit, such as strawberries, bananas, pineapple, or pears
- Toppings such as sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds, or coconut flakes
- Wax paper
- Double boiler or small pot and small metal bowl
- Tray or baking sheet
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil together in a double boiler. You can create your own with a stainless steel bowl placed over a small pot of boiling water. Stir often to prevent chocolate from burning.
- As soon as all of the chocolate has melted and combined with the coconut oil, remove from heat. Ecuadorian Dark Chocolessence contains quinoa crisps and raw cacao nibs, so the melted chocolate will not be completely smooth. If using, mix in 1–2 drops essential oil.
- Dip fruit into the chocolate mixture using toothpicks or skewers and place chocolate-coated fruit on wax paper-lined tray or baking sheet. Stir chocolate occasionally.
- When all of the fruit is coated in chocolate, garnish with your choice of toppings. Place tray in freezer to help the chocolate set.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy!
This treat is perfect for sweet-toothed and health-conscious individuals alike! Comment below and tell us what combinations you would love to try.
—Blair Lloyd, Young Living International and Portfolio Brand Associate
Bring the taste of Italy to your dining table with this easy-to-prepare dipping oil recipe! Serve as an appetizer, as a side at dinner, or anytime as a tasty snack.
In this recipe we’ve included the bold flavors of Oregano, Basil, Thyme, and Rosemary essential oils. Just one drop packs a full-bodied flavor since these essential oils are several times more concentrated than the original herb.
Have some fun with flavor and experiment with these other essential oil ideas!
Do you have any other great dipping oil combinations? Share your culinary skills in the comments!
Almost nothing is a more comforting book-and-blanket companion on a winter day than a warm cup of chai tea. Want to curl up and take a little relaxing, post-holiday me-time? Be your own barista and recreate the coffee shop magic of a creamy, foamy, spicy chai latte at home.
Making chai lattes infused with essential oils is easy. You’ll need an 8-oz. Mason jar with lid, toothpicks, and a microwave.
How do you infuse your drinks with essential oils? Let us know in the comments!
As your essential oil collection increases, so does your know-how. You learn which oils are best to use in the morning. You curate a mental list of diffusion blends that change the mood in your home. And you know which essential oils help you find your Zen when added to bathwater. But did you know that many of our oils can be used in the kitchen? Enjoy the power of essential oils from the inside out!
We’ve compiled some of our favorite tips for using essential oils in the kitchen. Add these delicious tips to your repertoire!
- Waffles: Add 1–4 drops of Orange essential oil to wet waffle mix.
- Oatmeal: Add 1 drop of Cinnamon Bark and 2 drops of Orange essential oil to a bowl of oatmeal or oat bran, and then sweeten with Blue Agave.
- Lemon with Berries: Add Lemon essential oil to berry protein shakes or to plain yogurt and top with berries.
- Cream Cheese Spread: Put cream cheese into a bowl and mix in Lemon essential oil to taste.
- Olive Oil: Add various culinary herb essential oils to your olive oil, such as Rosemary. Pour over a plate of balsamic vinegar and use foccacia bread for dipping.
- Tomato Pasta Sauce: Add 2 drops of Basil essential oil and 1 drop each of Rosemary and Thyme essential oil to tomato sauce base.
- Potato Salad: Add 1–2 drops of Dill essential oil to potato salad.
- Rice Pilaf: Add 4 drops of Lemon essential oil to water before adding rice.
- Salad and Fruit Rinse: Use 3 drops of Lemon essential oil in a bowl of water when rinsing lettuce, grapes, berries, and greens.
- Tuna Salad Sandwiches: Add 2 drops of Lemon essential oil per can of tuna and mix with mayonnaise and freshly ground pepper. Spoon onto bread and serve topped with alfalfa sprouts.
- Hot Lemon Tea: In 1 cup of hot water, mix in 3 drops of Lemon essential oil and Blue Agave to taste.
- Horchata with a Twist: Add 1 drop of Cinnamon Bark essential oil to a tall glass filled with ice and vanilla rice milk.
- Vanilla Protein Shake: Add 2 drops of Lemon or Peppermint essential oil to any vanilla protein shake.
- Flavored Water: Add 1 drop of Peppermint essential oil to your gym water bottle.
What other secrets do you have for using essential oils in the kitchen? Share your ideas in the comments!
As the holiday season quickly approaches, many of us are already decking the halls and planning our celebratory meals. Traditional dishes bring fond memories of past holidays—along with excess calories and refined sugars. Today we want to share a few variations of classic recipes that incorporate Young Living products and provide an extra boost of nutrition!
Agave Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Blue Agave
- 4 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- 1 drop Black Pepper essential oil
- Fine sea salt (to taste)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium bowl, mix Blue Agave, olive oil, Cinnamon Bark essential oil, Black Pepper essential oil, and salt to create a glaze. Add the sweet potatoes to the glaze and stir until evenly coated. Arrange the sweet potatoes onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and roast for approximately 25–30 minutes, turning the sweet potatoes halfway through.
Garlic and Thyme Creamy Mash
- 1 ½ lbs. cauliflower florets
- ¼ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- ½ scoop Power Meal
- 2 drops Thyme essential oil
- 1–2 drops Black Pepper essential oil (to taste)
- Fine sea salt (to taste)
Steam the cauliflower for approximately 6–8 minutes, until the florets are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain the steamed cauliflower and transfer to food processor. Combine remaining ingredients and process to your desired texture.
We love new, innovative recipes! Comment below and share with us the ways you are incorporating Young Living products into your holiday meals.
—Blair Lloyd, Young Living International and Portfolio Brand Associate
Thinking about making homemade holiday gifts using essential oils? Invite your friends over for a make-and-take party! At a recent Monthly Education Seminar, Young Living member and party-hosting expert Nance Ciasca not only taught us how to have a successful make-and-take party but also gave us ideas on a “Holiday Gifts” party theme.
Find simple instructions below to make three memorable holiday gifts—Winter Smooth Hand Scrub to comfort skin exposed to harsh elements, Winter Fresh Spray to freshen any indoor environment, and invigorating “The Day After” Bath Salts to use after a big day of rich foods, family, and fun!
- In a Ziploc bag, combine:
1/2 C white sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 tsp. V-6 Oil
1/3 C olive oil
10 drops Lavender essential oil or other topical essential oil of your choice
2. Seal bag and knead to mix ingredients.
3. Pour contents into an 8 oz. mason jar.
Winter Fresh Spray
- Unscrew the lid of a clean, empty 2 oz. spray bottle.
- Using a funnel, fill with distilled water up to one finger’s width from the top.
- Add 10 drops Evergreen Essence™ essential oil blend
- Top off with witch hazel and shake well.
- Spray in indoor spaces or onto linens and carpets to add a fresh, aromatic boost.
“The Day After” Bath Salts
- To a 4 oz. jar with cork lid, add
1/4 C Epsom salt
1/4 C Kosher salt
10 drops Eucalyptus Globulus essential oil
10 drops Juniper essential oil
2. Secure the cork top and shake well.
3. Add as desired to a hot bath.
Give your gifts some pizazz by decorating with string, tags, and ribbon. Place the three gifts in a clear confectionery bag and tie off with ribbon and give to neighbors, teachers, friends, family—or yourself!
Organize a hands-on “Holiday Gifts” make-and-take party with these DIYs using our party-planning tips; and tie in the season by playing holiday music, diffusing Christmas Spirit, and serving essential oil-infused hot chocolate!
What other essential oil-infused gifts have you made or received? We’d love to read about your gifts in the comments!