Eating better is one of the simplest and most fruitful ways to improve your overall health and well-being. If we are what we eat, then adding the potent and healthful constituents found in Young Living essential oils to your daily diet can be an easy and delicious way to improve your health and energy.
March is the American Dietetic Association’s National Nutrition Month, and what better way to incorporate their theme to enjoy the taste of eating right into your life than to enhance the flavors of your dishes with Young Living essential oils?
Here are just a few examples of how you can add richness and flavor to your cooking and food preparation by including Young Living essential oils:
For a delicious way to load your body with nutrients, add the following superfoods, fresh fruits and vegetables, and Young Living essential oils to your next smoothie:
- Fruit: bananas, blueberries, apples, oranges, grapes, strawberries, etc.
- Leafy greens: spinach, kale, Swiss chard, or even broccoli
- Almond milk or ice
- Flax or chia seeds
- Spirulina: a great source of protein
- Coconut: fresh coconut flesh or coconut milk
- Bee pollen: one of the most complete foods found in nature
- Young Living’s Pure Protein Complete: 2 scoops (8 oz.)
- 1–2 drops of Young Living’s Lemon, Frankincense, and Ocotea essential oils
- To sweeten it up a bit, you can also add Young Living’s Blue Agave or Stevia Extract
Essential Oil-Infused Olive Oil
- Infuse a bottle of extra virgin olive oil with herbs and a few drops of Young Living’s Basil, Black Pepper, Dill, Lemon, Fennel, Clove, Lemongrass, Marjoram, Rosemary, Oregano, Tarragon, or Thyme essential oils to make fantastic salad dressings, a drizzle over pasta dishes, a dip for artisan bread, or a marinade for your favorite meats and vegetables. Essential oil-infused olive oil also makes a great gift or party favor.
- Add some fresh, diced mint or carrots along with a few drops of Young Living’s Lemon or Basil essential oil to your rice, bulgur, quinoa, or couscous side dish for enhanced flavor.
Leave a comment below to share ways that you use Young Living essential oils in your food preparation or cooking!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, International and Portfolio Brand Manager
Winter can be a difficult season on your physical and emotional health. The days are shorter, it is cold in most parts of the country, and colds and the flu are more prevalent.
During any season there are a few basics that can help to maintain optimal physical and mental health, such as eating healthful foods, drinking lots of water, exercising regularly, and getting enough sleep. However, you may be doing everything “right” and still need a little extra support to get you through those short winter days and long winter nights. Whether diffusing, applying topically, or taking internally, Young Living essential oils can help you strengthen your physical wellness, improve your emotional balance, and fill your home with safe, purifying products.
Here are some ways you can incorporate Young Living essential oils and essential oil-infused products into your daily routine to support your health all winter long:
Utilize the Power of Thieves:
- To help control the spread of germs, wash your hands frequently and incorporate the health-supporting power of any of our Thieves® products.
- Diffuse Thieves essential oil blend day or night to help purify and humidify the air.
- Clean household surfaces with Thieves Wipes or Thieves Household Cleaner.
- If you’re on the go, help sanitize the air with a squirt or two of Thieves Spray.
- Keep Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier in your car, at your desk, and in your purse or bag for a quick and easy cleansing shot. I frequently use a napkin and a small drop to clean my desktop.
Support the Body’s Natural Defenses:
- Citrus oils such as Citrus Fresh™, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Orange, and Tangerine help support the body’s natural defenses. Plus, the fresh, vibrant citrus scents can also help boost your mood during short winter days.
- Mountain Savory™ revitalizes and stimulates the body and has strong purifying properties.
- Clove is an important ingredient in Thieves and helps support the body’s natural response to stress.
- Oregano is known as a purifying oil.
- Thyme was traditionally regarded for its cleansing properties.
- ImmuPower™ is great to diffuse or apply topically to the feet and hands.
- Purification® deodorizes and neutralizes the air.
Support Respiratory Health:
- R.C.™ has three varieties of Eucalyptus and is comforting when applied to the chest and throat.
- Thieves Lozenges deliver the cleansing power of Thieves for long-lasting relief.
- Breathe Again™ Roll-On creates a soothing aroma.
- Peppermint eases tension and, along with Myrtle and Pine, supports healthy respiratory function.
Get a Good Night’s Sleep:
- Take a soothing bath before bed with some Epsom salts and Peace & Calming® or Dream Catcher™ to promote relaxation.
- Put some water and RutaVaLa™ or Lavender in a spray bottle and spray it on your pillow.
- Diffuse Harmony™, Valor®, Gentle Baby™, Trauma Life™, Stress Away™, or Angelica to help bring a peaceful night’s slumber.
Please leave a comment below to share how you use essential oils to help maintain your health in the winter months.
—Heidi Jeanfreau, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager
This March we are offering one of our most valuable reward bundles ever—and with a qualifying order, you could make it yours! With shareable rewards and valuable additions to your family’s essential oil collection, you’ll want to place your order soon!
Reach 300 PV with your March order and receive a reward pack worth $204.83 that includes 15-ml Basil and Melaleuca Alternifolia essential oils, plus a $20 enrollment coupon and an ART® Beauty Masque eight pack!
Here are the details:
Basil essential oil is often used in cooking. Use it sparingly in your favorite Italian recipes to infuse them with a rich, spicy aroma. Its ability to refresh the mind and release minor muscle tension makes it an important component of the Raindrop Technique®. Incorporate Basil essential oil into Raindrop treatments, inhale directly to refresh the mind, or dilute and use in restorative massage.
Commonly known as tea tree oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia possesses a clean, fresh, herbaceous aroma that energizes the spirit. With its purifying and skin-loving properties, Melaleuca Alternifolia is a favorite in high-end and home spa treatments.
Our transferrable $20 enrollment coupon is an ideal tool for sharing Young Living and bringing new energy to your organization. You can find the coupon code on your qualifying 300 or 250 PV order invoice, which you may then give to an enrolling member!
Suitable for even the most delicate skin, ART Beauty Masques feature soothing botanicals to promote a smooth, radiant complexion. This Mary Young-signature product replenishes the skin with gentle plant extracts, such as orchid and aloe, and renewing essential oils, including Lavender, Frankincense, Lime, and Copaiba. Keep them for yourself or share them with friends for a home spa night!
Excited about these promotions? How would you use Basil and Melaleuca Alternifolia essential oils? Let us know what you think in the comments. Go to YoungLiving.com for full offer details and visit Virtual Office to update your order and receive these free products.
Mitch Seavey, musher and winner of the 2013 Iditarod, knows the value of taking care of his dogs. “There’s a saying among mushers [sled drivers] that goes, ‘No feet, no dog,’” he explains. “We have to have animals with tough feet or they won’t do well in the races. But even with tough feet, the dogs need extra care.
His concern for his animals is understandable. The Iditarod, called the Last Great Race on Earth, is a demanding trek across the Alaskan tundra stretching more than 1,000 miles. During this grueling race, drivers and dogs develop a strong sense of partnership. Young Living is proud to sponsor Mitch Seavey as he strives for the 2014 Iditarod championship.
Seavey has looked to Young Living products to improve his wellness and that of his dogs for more than 15 years. One of his favorite oils is Melaleuca Alternifolia, commonly called tea tree oil. Even though they use protective boots on their feet, dogs can still suffer from splits and cracks on their pads and between their digits. Seavey employs Melaleuca Alternifolia to help the dogs recover.
That isn’t the only oil that Seavey uses on his dogs, though. From using Wintergreen to help soothe aching muscles to Geranium to help calm anxious dogs, Young Living products are key to his dogs’ success. “I think using oils can help the dog from the feet to the ears,” he says. “It also prevents future problems. We’ve tried a lot of different things but we always come back to the oils.”
However, not just any oil will do, and Seavey always makes sure to find the highest quality products available. He says, “We’ve tried to use bulk essential oils that are cheaper, but we just don’t get the same results. All I can say is that from my experience, if I’m going to do anything with oils, I’m going to use Young Living. Buying anything else is just a waste of money.”
Click here to visit the Seavey’s Facebook page and follow his progress during the race, which begins on March 1!
This is a special guest blog post by Young Living brand ambassador Stevie Baggs.
My name is Stevie Baggs, Jr., and I’m a Young Living member. I want to tell you how a recent event changed the way I look at building my business. Before I begin though, I want you to get to know me a little.
I was raised in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, and currently live in Atlanta, Georgia. Although I am a Young Living member, actor, and philanthropist, I am most well known as a football player. I played football in high school, college, and professionally in both the NFL and the CFL.
Over the years I’ve turned more and more to natural products because I want to reach the optimal level of well-being without all the artificial ingredients. A few years ago, a friend talked to me about a company that would help me reach that level. That was the first time I’d heard about Young Living, and it wasn’t long before I became a member.
Now I have the opportunity to be a brand ambassador for Young Living, giving me the opportunity to represent this company and its natural, healthful products. As an ambassador, I was honored to be a keynote speaker at a Young Living Introductory Meeting Featuring NingXia Nitro™ in Birmingham, Alabama. It was an exciting event that focused on NingXia Nitro, one of Young Living’s most popular new products and my personal favorite!
At the event I saw big, athletic guys like me talking to stay-at-home moms about how much they love Thieves®. I saw businessmen and teachers talking about the best uses for Lavender. I saw a diverse set of people, all interested in achieving wellness through the use of essential oils.
That’s when I realized something that changed the way I think about building my business: If we have such a diverse group of Young Living essential oil users, that means we have many opportunities to share our message with others! We need to see a potential Young Living member in every person we meet!
Turning that potential into a sharing opportunity isn’t as hard as you think. For example, I use NingXia Nitro every day. When I use it at the gym, one of my workout buddies might ask what I’m taking. I also like to add a few drops of Lemon or Thieves oil to my water when I eat at restaurants, and that always sparks questions from the others at my table. It’s easy then to explain the value of Young Living and describe the benefits of whatever product I’m using. Once they see the value, I have the opportunity to invite them to learn more by trying products, visiting the web page, or attending live events.
I’m convinced that more people than we realize are ready to listen. Take a look around as you go through your normal daily routine and you’ll see people everywhere who can benefit from our message of wellness, purpose, and abundance. Share with everyone and you’ll see your business grow like you’ve never imagined!
—Stevie Baggs, YL Brand Ambassador, Actor, Former CFL and NFL player
Watch the Stevie Baggs video below, which was introduced at our special Young Living Introduction Meeting featuring NingXia Nitro in Birmingham, Alabama, on February 1. Find out more about this event by clicking here.
The thought of having bedbugs strikes fear into most of us. Although their bites are usually nothing more than itchy irritations, they have proven to be a real cause for alarm. Once bedbugs take up residency, getting rid of them can be very difficult.
It is no surprise that most of the ingredients found in our Thieves essential oil blend—Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Lemon, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary—are often used for natural pest control. Obviously, this blend makes an ideal foundation for any bedbug recipe. The other oils that I have added to the recipes below will enhance both the result and aroma.
Thieves Bug Spray #1
- Thieves® Spray
- 5 drops Clove essential oil
- 5 drops of a citrus essential oil such as Lemon, Lime, Orange, or Citrus Fresh
Drop the Clove essential oil and the citrus essential oil of your choice directly into the Thieves Spray bottle. Shake well.
Thieves Bug Spray #2
- 10 drops Thieves essential oil blend
- 5 drops of a citrus oil such as Lemon, Lime, Orange, or Citrus Fresh
- 2 drops Clove essential oil
Put the essential oils into a spray bottle. Add 2 ounces of distilled water. Shake vigorously before using.
- Spray in the cracks and crevices of the bedframe, mattress, and flooring.
- Spray bed linens.
Hint: This is imperative when traveling. To avoid bringing home any bedbugs, make a sachet by spraying on either a cotton ball, round, or washcloth. Place inside your suitcase.
Make sure to read my next blog later this month when the focus will be on getting rid of bedbugs for good with Thieves.
I would love to include some of your ideas, so either comment on this blog or send them directly to me at email@example.com.
—Gloria Russo, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager
We’re celebrating Young Living’s 20th year in business with special monthly anniversary promotions! Today only, February 20, you can purchase Thieves® Household Cleaner (14.4 fl. oz.) for 20 percent off.*
Thieves Household Cleaner is the perfect solution for messy spills, long-standing stains, and everyday cleaning. The improved formula includes more Thieves essential oil blend and Lemon essential oil and has stronger cleansing power! Keep it in your home and get rid of harmful, toxin-filled, synthetic cleaners.
Each month, be sure to watch our Facebook page to find out which Young Living product will be featured next in our 20th anniversary promotion! Log in to Virtual Office today to enjoy this exclusive discount.
*Please note that the discount will reduce your PV for the item by 20 percent. If this reduction in PV will affect your commissions, please adjust your order accordingly.
Celebrate the opening of our brand new, state-of-the-art distillery today at our Highland Flats Tree Farm with a special promotion of Evergreen Essence™ essential oil blend! Today only, Saturday, February 15, Evergreen Essence will be available for a 10 percent discount.
Evergreen Essence epitomizes the beautiful coniferous scents of our Highland Flats Tree Farm by combining the essential oils from aromatic trees such as blue spruce, ponderosa pine, red fir, Western red cedar, and other conifers. Crisp and invigorating, it refreshes your senses. Learn more about our Evergreen Essence essential oil blend and other essential oils produced at our Highland Flats Tree Farm here.
To take advantage of this special offer, log in to Virtual Office by clicking here.
As always, we would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below telling us how you use Evergreen Essence essential oil blend!
Happy Valentine’s Day! To celebrate this holiday and to show our love and appreciation to our social media fans, we’re having a special giveaway today, Friday, February 14, only! This exciting contest on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram will give 25 winners a 15-ml Joy™ essential oil blend. One lucky Facebook winner will receive a 5-ml Rose essential oil!
Here are the instructions on how to enter each giveaway:
- Like the Young Living Essential Oils Facebook page.
- Like the giveaway post on the Young Living Essential Oils Facebook page.
- Leave a comment on today’s giveaway post telling us why you love Young Living with the hashtag #ILoveYoungLiving.
Prizes: 1 Rose essential oil and 15 Joy essential oil blends
The person whose comment receives the most likes will receive a 5-ml Rose essential oil, and 15 giveaway participants will be randomly selected to win a 15-ml Joy essential oil blend. The winners will be announced on Facebook.
- Follow the @YoungLivingEO Twitter account.
- Send a tweet telling us why you love Young Living with the hashtag #ILoveYoungLiving.
Prizes: 5 Joy essential oil blends
There will be 5 winners for the Twitter giveaway. The winners will be announced on the @YoungLivingEO Twitter account.
- Follow the @YoungLivingEO Instagram account.
- Like today’s Valentine’s Day giveaway photo.
- Leave a comment on the photo telling us why you love Young Living with the hashtag #ILoveYoungLiving.
Prizes: 5 Joy essential oil blends
There will be 5 winners for the Instagram giveaway. The winners will be announced on the @YoungLivingEO Instagram account.
For complete details and rules on these giveaways, click here.
The giveaways end tonight, February 14, at 11:59 p.m., MT. All winners will be announced on each social media account on Saturday, February 15.
This year is Young Living’s 20-year anniversary, and we plan to spend all year celebrating! From the biggest convention we have ever held to a full year of giveaways and promotions, plus a new company highlight every month, 2014 is going to be a Young Living celebration like you’ve never experienced!
Thanks to both our members’ dedication and Founder and CEO D. Gary Young’s tireless passion for creating pure essential oils, we have been able to share our priceless message with the world for 20 years and counting. We invite you celebrate our history with us and become a part of our future. Be sure to visit YoungLiving.com/20Years to learn more—and leave your thoughts in the comments!
To kick off this exciting anniversary year, here are some fun facts about Young Living that you may not have known:
- Our new essential oil distillery at the Highland Flats Tree Farm is the world’s first fully automated distillery, as well as one of its largest. This cutting-edge facility will help make the process of producing essential oils such as Idaho Blue Spruce significantly faster and more efficient.
- 2013 was Young Living’s biggest year in two decades of business. We saw the launch of three international markets and shattered even our most optimistic sales and membership projections for the year!
- In 1997 Gary developed Thieves®, an essential oil blend that has been studied for its potential activity against airborne microbes.